Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Lilac
Apprentice
Apprentice

For the last 3 days, on one of my Arlo Pro2 cameras, I get push notification of motion but nothing appears in the Library.  I have power cycled my base station, power cycled the camera & it works for a couple notifications then it stops.  Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Lilac
Apprentice
Apprentice

The icons showed that they were connected.  I can't really move the cameras closer to the base as they are mounted outside & it's-20 celsius.  After I posted, Arlo App logged me out & after logging back in, the issue seems to have corrected itself.  Thanks for your response.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

This may be due to a connection issue between the camera and base. What do the WiFi icons for each camera show? Have you brought one camera closer to the base for testing? Do all cameras have the same problem?

Lilac
Apprentice
Apprentice

The icons showed that they were connected.  I can't really move the cameras closer to the base as they are mounted outside & it's-20 celsius.  After I posted, Arlo App logged me out & after logging back in, the issue seems to have corrected itself.  Thanks for your response.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since it's -20C I wonder if the cameras are turning themselves off (the cold temp limit is -20C).

Lilac
Apprentice
Apprentice

I don't think it's the weather necause my other camera works fine & I think that -20C is for the batteries.  My cameras are plugged into AC & they still work when it's -35C.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The -20C is a camera thing (0C is when the batteries stop charging) but the camera may stop working to help prevent damage to the battery. Like you, others have reported that plugging in the cameras allows them to keep working, perhaps due to the warming caused by the continuous operation of the camera.

Anyways, back to the original issue, I'd try removing the camera from your account and add it back in to see what happens.

Lilac
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have never had the cameras stop working due to cold temperatures & have been using them for 5 years at 2 properties.

I think you missed my second post where I mentioned the camera started working again after the Arlo App logged me out & I logged back in.

It seems to occur on windy days when I get 100's of recordings.  I wonder if there's a daily limit on the number of recordings.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Lilac wrote:

I have never had the cameras stop working due to cold temperatures & have been using them for 5 years at 2 properties.

I'm adding my comments for the benefit of others who find this thread.

The batteries stop charging at 0C, not -20C.  

Some cameras will work well below the spec'd temperature range if the batteries are removed and they are powered only on AC.  I don't think that applies to all cameras (it doesn't get below -14C very often in my location).

@Lilac wrote:

I wonder if there's a daily limit on the number of recordings.

There isn't. But whatever the mechanism, it might be more likely to happen when there is a lot of camera activity.

@Lilac wrote:

the camera started working again after the Arlo App logged me out & I logged back in.

It's good that resolved it - please do follow up if that resolves it in the future (or not).

I do find it a little surprising, as the camera->base->cloud connection is independent of the app->cloud connection.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation