Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Recording doesn't stop when motion end

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
D1132
Tutor
Tutor

Hi guys, very strange issue.

I've installed three arlo pro 2 cams on my previus Arlo pro base until first days of Avril. 

All worked fine with schedule and rules.

But now, in the last 4/5 days, one camere doesn't work as expected.

Rule:

When motion is detected on "Portico", record on "Portico" until motion stop

If I use ONLY this rule, the camera stop record as expected, when motion stop

BUT If I add this rule on the same camera:

When motion is detected on "Portico", record on "Giardino Davanti" until motion stop.

The "Giardino Davanti" camera's work fine, so when motion stop on "Portico" the record end BUT "Portico" camera record all 300 sec. (05:02) all time!

I've tried to delete and connect the camera and also the base but without changement.... Any suggest?

Thanks and regards,

D1132

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You may want to try recreating your mode and rules - perhaps something peculiar is happening with the existing one.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try using the same time settings for both cameras rather than different settings. 

D1132
Tutor
Tutor

Sorry but is already this situation that I have:

"Portico" and "Giardino Davanti" camera's have to record during motion on "Portico". So already same time setting as suggested.

Just "Giardino Davanti" stop recording when "Portico" doesn't detect motion, while "Portico" continue to record until 5.02 minutes.

Moreover this prove that "Portico" know and share his status to other cameras but it simply continue to record until maximum of time possible.... And, by the way, I let you just image whats happen at the battery life.... 😉

Many thanks for your help!

D1132

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You may want to try recreating your mode and rules - perhaps something peculiar is happening with the existing one.

D1132
Tutor
Tutor

Hi Jguerdat and thanks for dedicate your time to me.

I've marked your post as solution because after recrating mode and rules (for all three cameras) its seems to work fine.

I wil check for some days but I'm confident.

In case something goes wrong again I will update this post.

Again thanks and regards to all, have a nice day.

D1132

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation