Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo pro2 cameras offine after working for 3 days.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
jeffRCarlson
Aspirant
Aspirant

So my cameras mysteriously went off-line after three days of normal operation. It was not the battery levels those were fine. I followed the normal instructions rebooting the Arlo base station they were still off-line. I physically pulled the battery on every camera and press the power button in the still remained off-line. About an hour later I walked outside and triggered one of the motion detectors on one and mysteriously three of the four came online. However the next day they were back off-line again and like before rebooting the base station did not help.

At this point I'm going to try calling Arlo support when back home to see if they can get this fixed otherwise it's going back to Amazon. My router is a Orbi netgear so don't think it's an issue with that unless that is buggy as well.

I really really wanted to love these cameras but the primary reason I put them was to monitor things when away from home. If I have to be home to keep them online then they are basically an $750 dollar boat anchor.

Thanks jeffRCarlson

4 REPLIES 4
Streak2
Master Master
Master

Confirm that the internet light on the base is green?

I have the same setup as you, base station connected to an orbi. All working well.

What app are you using? Have you tried using the web gui https://arlo.netgear.com/#/login

Try and restart the orbi to which the base is attached, that sometimes fixes things.

Failing that a full base station reset and reinstall may be in order.

jeffRCarlson
Aspirant
Aspirant

So I hard wired to a satalite Orbi unit so base unit is not directly connected to the main Orbi router. Other than that last night I reset the Orbi satalite unit and the Arlo base unit and still having issues. I even reset all of the cameras. For some reason after I walked in front of one it came back online along with two others. This morning they went off-line again so I rebooted the base unit via the app since I was not at home. The same three cameras stayed off-line until my wife triggered one with motion then mysteriously they came back online again but only for a few minutes before going off-line again.

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated! I plan on calling their support when I get home or tomorrow when working at home but if I can't resolve this the left go back to Amazon.

Thanks jrc

jeffRCarlson
Aspirant
Aspirant

I forgot to ask what can a battery life are you getting or are the cameras wired for power?

Streak2
Master Master
Master

My unwired cameras give me between 1 and 3 months run time depending on duty cycle.

How strong a signal is the Orbi satellite getting from the Orbi router?

Have you tried connecting the base to the router to see if that could be the issue?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation