Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Recording Question (Arlo Pro 2)

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Cathy1969
Follower
Follower

I am not techie and I am new to this wireless security thing....I currently have a Lorex (not wireless) and it is simple....plugs in to the box and has continuous 24/7 recording for free. I can bring it up on my PC and review. The wires are running all over my house so I have to get a wireless system for my own sanity. I only use it to detect which residents at my condo are putting garbage out when they shouldn't (I am on the condo board). So my sole use it to review video to see which unit they go into. How far away does the movement have to be to activate and keep it activated (I would need it to stay on from the time they leave their unit to when the drop it off)? At what distance would it not detect and turn off? I can't do a montly payment plan for the 24/7 CVR plan, so I am trying to see if I can get the USB/regular system to work for my needs.  

1 REPLY 1
Dannybear
Master
Master
25ft is the motion detection limit. There are other factors that can limit it such as not having the motion across the field of view.
Alternatively you can set the recording time to manual so that when motion is detected it can record for up to 5 minutes.
This is adjustable in the camera rule for the wanted mode in use.
Hope this helps.
Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation