Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Recorded video only show one video on one camera. None from other cameras.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Thyg0d
Apprentice
Apprentice

Since a few days ago any video my cameras show is from one camera.. No matter which recording from which ever camera/time/day I only see the recordings from the same camera..
Removed data from the app but no change..
It's pretty useless to have recordings for month from 9 cameras when the only thing you see is one single camera.. 😞
Only change I can see in the app is that it says Cloud above the videos..

Yet another month Arlo will have to reimburse my monthly fee.. Then again, they would have had to anyway as the zones still doesn't work.

4 REPLIES 4
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Thyg0d,

Try testing by using the default "Armed" mode to see if all your cameras are able to detect motion. And if you have activity zones enabled, try to disable them and see if that works too.

Thyg0d
Apprentice
Apprentice
I'm using the default mode active and the cameras detect motion even outside the activity zones which makes them pretty useless as they record all traffic outside my house.

The activity zones doesn't work as I, despite having a subscription, have to have power connected... Which apparently might get fixed on the 2nd of Jan with another firmware update?

Any idea why I can only view the video recorded from one of my nine cameras? It records on all 9 but not matter which video I start I only get to see the same recorded video from the same one camera. The thumbnails of the video is correct but it plays the wrong one..
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

If you have 2 or less bars on your signal strengths for your cameras, you might need to move your cameras closer to the Base Station. You can also try rebooting your Base Station to see if that would help. Otherwise, I would suggest to contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

Thyg0d
Apprentice
Apprentice

Reception is good and videos gets recorded. But if I understand you correctly, 2 bars isn't enough to work? 
Why does it then display two bars? or even one bar as that would mean that it won't work at all? 

If I check on the website I can see individual videos but not all videos seems to be uploaded. 

I can see Last activity time is the same for all cameras which means that they all recorded as they should have but
the video streams aren't saved to the cloud?? I do have a 110Mbit fiber connection so it won't be a speed issue on my side. 

Working in IT so reboot is the first thing I've tried, that seldom solves any issues with this kind of equipment though. 

Raised a ticket with the support, Arlo case #41369801.

How do I ask for a refund for the subscription fee as I'm not getting what I've paid for, ie Activity zones not working, videos not being saved, app not working? 

TIA!

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation