Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Record When Motion In Entire Frame, But Only Send Notification When Motion In Activity Zone

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Chuckda4th
Tutor
Tutor

Have a pair of Arlo Pro 2's plugged in to power.  One is on my porch, and I use the notifications to let me know when mail comes and packages arrive.  I have hanging plants around the porch that rightfully set off the notifications as they're blown around.

Issue is it has been really windy lately.  Although I'd like the Arlo to still record all activity anywhere in the frame for security purposes (including the wind blowing around the plants), I don't want a notification every time there's a gust of wind.  Ideally I'd like to set the system to record any time there's ANY motion in the frame at all (including plants), but I would only like a notification specifically when someone walks into a "door and mailbox" activity zone.

Effectively, this is how my Nest cams' activity zones work.  I'm fine with all this data, as I have a large USB hard disk plugged into the base station, and also leverage Stringify to upload all files offsite to a large Google Drive account. 

Is this feasible today?  If not from Arlo's app, is it feasible using Stringify?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Arlo Smart may be the best answer although repositioning of the cameras may also be useful and cheaper. Also, since you have the cameras powered, you should be able to set zones in Settings, My Devices, your camera, Video Settings.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation