Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Recently My Arlos2 have just stopped recording motion detection

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
robertkjr3d
Tutor
Tutor

This has happened over and over again recently.  I have two bases and 4 cameras.  Both are experiencing the same problem.  

The fix appears to be... rebooting the base, than it starts up again (but how long will they work this time?....)

I just happen to check today, and the cameras are fine.  I can click the play button.  The battery level is good.  But motion-detection just stops.  Is this because of some new Update ?!?  That I unfortunately installed that is causing this problem.  Like those 'Windows-Updates' that always cause problems.  Well if it is a 'Arlo-Update' that caused this, please release a fix.  or reverse it

Edit: I found they had gotten in the 'DISARMED' mode.  Not sure how but of course that's what it was this time.

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Camera firmware hasn't been updated for quite some time - see https://community.arlo.com/t5/Firmware-Release-Notes/Arlo-Firmware-Release-Table/td-p/1920885 but base firmware has. 

What happens if you bring a camera closer to its base? 

Aallus
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here. My arlo pro 2 started the same thing. Had to buy a storage plan due to this EOL Policy. Immediately after purchasing a plan they are back working as before.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Aallus wrote:

Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here. 

Clearly not relevant to the Pro 2 (VMC4030P), since it is not end-of-life until 1 January 2025.

While you do need a subscription to access support, you don't need one to get motion detection and recording with the Pro 2.  

FWIW, you don't need a subscription for cloud recording and motion detection with the other cameras on the EOL list either.

You might want to try removing one of your cameras from the subscription plan as a test.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation