Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Receiving false motion notifications on Pro 2. Tried changing size and zones to reduce but no avail.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Spesch
Aspirant
Aspirant

Please can someone help us. We have the Pro2 cameras and I’ve tried everything with changing the size and zones to reduce the number of notifications but to no avail. The notifications are endless and there are typically no triggers or a shadow movement from a slight breeze. It’s driving us to the point of wanting to get rid of them altogether. Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Deidre2267
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the very same issue and feel the same way. I am very close to getting rid of these cameras. 

Do you have the monition detection at 20% or 80%?  

Spesch
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’ve tried changing the range on both ends and it made no difference. Yesterday I had 359 notifications because the snow was causing a reflection from the sun that would glint at the camera. It’s eating y airtime and Johns battery as well as being frustrating.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Camera positioning and sensitivity settings can be all-important. Setting the camera view to minimize the total scope helps, especially when detection of people is out to ~25 feet. Getting airplanes and cars on the street just opens up the possibility of unwanted reflections causing false detections. Concentrate on that 25 foot area rather than a grand view.

ALso, many of us use different sensitivity settings for day vs. night since the sun's IR can cause issues. And don't forget that the sun's angle changes over time/seasons.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation