Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Quick Filter goes away after selecting a different date.

Discussion stats
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

Has anyone else experienced this odd issue?

I noticed this on my 11” iPad Pro running iOS 12.3.1 and Arlo app 2.7.10 (91) and spent some time with it this morning.

The issue was as follows:  

From the Devices screen of the iOS app I would select the Quick Filter icon for a camera to see the library videos for that camera.  The filter would be applied correctly, the thumbnails appear as they should with the little filter oval above them indicating there is a device filter applied to the library view.  The timeline appears above as normal.  No problem yet.

Then I touch the timeline on a different day and look at the recordings for that device on that different day.  Sometimes this action would clear the device filter, and thumbnails for all of my devices would then show up.  No longer filtered and I did not clear the filter myself deliberately nor accidentally.

Today, I decided to try to see if I could find a pattern.  I played with this for quite a while.  While in a filtered view for a single camera, I would touch the timeline on various dates and at some seemingly random point, the filter oval on the left would disappear...however, the filter would still be applied and I’d only see thumbnails for that camera.  I then figured out, it seemed to display thumbnails for all of my cameras, if I selected a date on the timeline that I had not previously selected during my testing.  It was like it was a “fresh” date and those I had previously touched were working as they should with the camera filter applied, even when the filter oval had disappeared from the top of the thumbnail screen.

After playing with this for quite a while, I decided to force close the app, delete it off my iPad, power cycle my iPad and reinstall the app.  I did all of that.  After logging back into the app, I repeated my test and it continued to behave in that same way for a few more tests and then, suddenly, it started working properly every time.  I can no longer make this failure appear.  It is very weird.

It made me wonder if Arlo has some memory management problem with the Arlo app that causes data to get written or read improperly under certain circumstances.  Or possibly an initialization problem with some variables.

It was odd behavior and the fact that it just went away seems even more odd unless the Arlo app does some housekeeping functions after the app is started for the first time which cleaned up whatever was causing the problem.

0 REPLIES 0
Discussion stats
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation