Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Question About Threads and Twist Mounts. Any issues with threads getting stripped or damaged?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
darkness975
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi all,
Something had been bugging me and I am wondering if anyone can provide some insight. I mounted two of my Arlo Pro 2 cameras outside with those flexible twist mounts that screw into the threads on the camera since I am renting and cant drill into the siding.
Has anyone noticed any issues with the threads getting stripped or damaged over time from the weight of the camera on the threads?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The weight of the camera doesn't place an undue strain on the threaded insert. Of course, manufacturing problems could cause any particular camera to have a problem but I've had many of mine supported only by the threaded mount for years.

None of the Arlo cameras has focus capability - they're fixed focus. However, anything that shows in the camera's view can cause issues with night vision, reflecting the IR LEDs into the lens. I'd trim them back if you see an issue.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There have been a few reports of rusted threads but that seems to be unusual. The threads themselves aren't a problem as long as corrosion doesn't happen for any reason. I have to remove various of my cameras to replace batteries and have never had a problem.

darkness975
Apprentice
Apprentice
So the weight of the camera doesnt pull it loose over time? It's just weird seeing it being supported solely by the flexible twist mount.

Unrelated question, I can see the very tips of the wasserstein covers in the screen. Does that mess up the focus at all? I'm finding it hard to determine.

Thanks
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The weight of the camera doesn't place an undue strain on the threaded insert. Of course, manufacturing problems could cause any particular camera to have a problem but I've had many of mine supported only by the threaded mount for years.

None of the Arlo cameras has focus capability - they're fixed focus. However, anything that shows in the camera's view can cause issues with night vision, reflecting the IR LEDs into the lens. I'd trim them back if you see an issue.

darkness975
Apprentice
Apprentice
Thanks
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation