Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
benjiscan
Tutor
Tutor

Hi,

My 2 Arlo Pro 2 camera are located outside in my garden, which is a classic use case. I am receiving hundreds of false notifications each day (more than 10/hours), eventhoug sensitivity has been set to 1. Leaves are moving (which looks like normal in the garden) and it seems that this is the trigger. FYI, there is not a lot of wind.

As of today, I have no other choice that turning notifications off, which makes the investment useless.

What can I do ? Just let me outline that subscribing to additionnal options IS NOT an option. Accurate notifications is the basic customers are expecting from an outdoor camera.

Thanks

Benjamin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

My 2 Arlo Pro 2 camera are located outside in my garden, which is a classic use case. I am receiving hundreds of false notifications each day (more than 10/hours), eventhoug sensitivity has been set to 1. Leaves are moving (which looks like normal in the garden) and it seems that this is the trigger. FYI, there is not a lot of wind.

Verify that you are setting the SENSE level in the MODE you arm the cameras with, ...NOT in the test area of settings.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Dannybear
Master
Master
You could run temporarily power to the camera and set a basic activity zone to isolate the area you want to pickup motion. If this works and running power to the camera is not a long term option then consider smart notifications for battery only camera.
If zones don’t work then consider reposition camera to point away from the trees.

I cut them down to stop false notifications. I saw no value in paying more for something that may or may not work and running permanent power was not ideal.
benjiscan
Tutor
Tutor

As I said previously, providing accurate notification and avoiding false alerts (from trees for example) is a basic feature expected from a connected outdoor camera. This is a default/bug and should be fixed by Arlo

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Verify that you are setting the SENSE level in the MODE you arm the cameras with, ...NOT in the test area of settings.

Morse is faster than texting!
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation