Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Push Notifications Stop After 2 Days

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation
Cortizone
Guide
Guide

Bought the 5 camera system at Costco 4 days ago.  Installed one camera the first day and everything was fine until day 3 and push notifications stopped for that camera.  I switched to both email and push and the emails are coming in as expected.

Added 2nd camera on day 2 with the same original setup...you guessed it...push notifications worked for 12 hours then stopped...email notices are working fine.

I read the other articles on here, and checked the app install on my android phone and made sure that the "notifications" box is checked.

I have not yet installed the remaining 3 cameras (waiting for my 6'4" son to reach a high location), but would like to figure out why the push notifications stop working.

My Arlo android app version is 2.6.2_22800

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cortizone
Guide
Guide

I think I solved my own problem.

I guess I'm not the sharpest tack in the box when it comes to smart phones. I kept reading the forum here to see if someone had a similar problem.

Can you guess what solved the problem of not receiving push notifications??

Well, guess what...YOU GOTTA BE LOGGED INTO the Arlo app for the notifications to come through!! 

DOH!

They are once again working! 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Cortizone
Guide
Guide

I think I solved my own problem.

I guess I'm not the sharpest tack in the box when it comes to smart phones. I kept reading the forum here to see if someone had a similar problem.

Can you guess what solved the problem of not receiving push notifications??

Well, guess what...YOU GOTTA BE LOGGED INTO the Arlo app for the notifications to come through!! 

DOH!

They are once again working! 

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation