Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Zzzzzzzzzz
Luminary
Luminary

Two app updates ago, push notifications only worked for one of my email accounts but not the other. Yesterday, I ended up reinstalling the app. Now push notifications don't work for any email accounts. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app a couple of times. Even cleared cache Etc. I've triple checked the settings. And I even created custom modes to try to get it to work. Push notifications are still not coming through.

I am in a Samsung Note 4, and yes Arlo has been granted notification permissions.

Anyone else having these problems from the last app updates? Sigh....

2 REPLIES 2
Blanker
Star
Star

I'm on the current update and push notifications on my cell are not working for me. It's recording the video but my samsung note 9 is not receiving any notifications. I guess i will need to unplug and replug.

Zzzzzzzzzz
Luminary
Luminary

@Blanker wrote:
I'm on the current update and push notifications on my cell are not working for me. It's recording the video but my samsung note 9 is not receiving any notifications. I guess i will need to unplug and replug.

Hi Blanker,

Thank you for your reply.

Hopefully, I don't jinx myself. Here's the workaround that I tried this morning, and it seems to be holding to give me push notifications.....

- While I allowed the Arlo app in the phone settings the ability to give notifications, I do not give the Arlo app any permissions.

- Temporarily this morning, I gave the Arlo app "Phone" permissions, and a few push notifications came through.

- Then, I turned off the "Phone" permissions and did not allow any more requests from the Arlo app for phone permissions.

- I've been getting push notifications on my Samsung Note 4 all day.

So, maybe this will work for you as well.Perhaps Alro app does not play nicely with Samsung phones....

I am going to monitor and see if it continues working and see if other odd patterns continue. Since the last two app updates in 2019,I've noticed quite a bit of odd behavior with my Arlo Q's and my Pro 2s. For example, my Arlo Q's are constantly notifying that "The media server has intentionally stopped streaming."  And for my Pro 2's, when I just merely click on video settings in the app without changing anything, then all Pro 2's start communicating with the server (icon turns orange and is wasting batteries), and one of my my Pro 2's automatically triggers a video recording even though nothing has moved.  There are other thing, but these are the behaviors that are most notable right now...

Best of luck to you and all other users! It's exhausting and time consuming making the Arlo cameras and app work, and sometimes it feels like another job. But because we are relying upon it for some sense of security and well being, I think many of us try to push on and make it better when we can because without our feedback, things will definitely NOT get better....

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation