Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Purchasing security system which will be set up in two rooms downstairs for intruders

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
craigg26
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am looking into purchasing a security system which will be set up in two rooms downstairs as they are potential access points for intruders. I want my family (2 adults 2 children) to be able to arm the system when the last member goes to bed or leaves the house. If there is an intruder I would like the siren to sound and at the same time send me notification of an issu + start recording the introders movements. I do not want to be notified via the app/phone in order for me to sound the siren as this would defeat the object of using the system as a burgalr alarm during the night whilst my family is sleeping. 

Can someone explain if this feature is possible and how easly it is to operate. With my old traditional system (for example) the last person to bed or leaving the house simply set the alrm system using a keypad; I'm unsure how the alrming/disarming works with alrlo when there are four family members in the household going in/out at different times etc.

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Right now, the easiest thing would be to use the schedule to automate switching. That implies that you would set it for after the last person would ever possibly go to bed. Otherwise, everyone (or at least the late night folks) would need to manually switch from the Disarmed mode to the Armed mode (or whatever custom mode you might set up). Not hard but not just a button to click.

craigg26
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks ver much for the reply.

In terms of the manual switchoing from disarmed to armed ....

- how easy is this to do (I assume it's via the phone app?)

-I assume only the last person going to bed (or leaving the hoiuse) needs to do this (rather than every fasmily member? - I'm unclear if all 4 members access a central point)

Also - is the system capable of souinding the siren immediately on introduer movement or does the user need to do this after an activation?

Regards

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

In the app, you would choose the Mode tab, click on your base and choose the appropriate mode. That's it. I would venture to say that only the adults need acess to this using either the primary account or a granted access account with the additional access privileges. It's all done through the app.  A potentially large caveat right now is that the app doesn't always show things in the Mode tab correctly while a browser works fine. You can use a mobile browser if you use the browser menu to use the desktop version.

The siren can be activated either manually or via an action in your modes and rules.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation