Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Purchased VMB4500 Base Station but cannot be detected. Deleted my old Base.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
GAZZECK
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Arlo Pro 2 VMB4000 Base Station recently stopped working. I purchased a new VMB4500 Base Station and tried to add it to my devices. The new base station could not be detected so I deleted my old one thinking this may be the cause. Now all my devices have gone and I still can't get the new one to be detected. I have considered trying it by registering a new email address but am worried that I will then be charged another subscription fee as it sees it as a new account. Any ideas anyone?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GAZZECK
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have managed to sort the problem by removing my cameras. I then did another master re-boot and the old AMB4000 was then recognised and I could re load all my cameras and get the system back up and running. Thank you for you replies. Kind Regards.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

WHat do you see on the new base's LEDs, including color? Have you tried holding the reset button on the new base for >10 seconds until the LEDs flash amber? Are you using the app or a computer browser for setup? Have you tried both? All details of what you've tried and what you see will help.

GAZZECK
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi, I have since tried my old AMB4000 Base Station with a new power lead and this is actually working. Unfortunately I have removed it from my system and now no devices are showing. I have tried to reload that and the two lights (left and middle) are stable green and the camera light is stable amber, but when I try and pick it up using my android app it just spins round and finds nothing. I have tried doing a master reset and the lights go amber then green but it doesn't find the base unit. I have not disconnected the five other cameras yet but they are not showing in devices either. Do I need to take these off line too? I would like to reload my AMB4000  Base Station and later the new AMB4500 Base Station once my system is registering again. I tried opening creating a new account using my work email and then loading my equipment again but that too didn't work. It couldn't see the base station. I wondering whether that is because the cameras are still powered up? Any suggestions.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since you're using the app, make sure you're connected to your WiFi, not cell service, for the setup. It may be useful to try a computer browser to do this, too.

GAZZECK
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have managed to sort the problem by removing my cameras. I then did another master re-boot and the old AMB4000 was then recognised and I could re load all my cameras and get the system back up and running. Thank you for you replies. Kind Regards.
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation