Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Purchased Arlo Pro 2 and cannot find devices on app

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Cara84
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m having trouble with the app finding my devices. I’ve just purchased the arlo pro 2 and it cannot find devices

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

First, the camera LED shouldn't be blue unless it's plugged in and fully charged. The only other time it should be blue is when attempting to sync the camera where it will slowly blink blue until synced (rapid blue blink) or fails (rapid amber blink). If the camera LED is blue all the time and not plugged in, I'd say it's faulty and you should remove the system from your account and swap at the store.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

WHat isn't being found - the base or cameras? Is your phone connected to your WiFi for the setup phase? What are the LEDs on the base showing?

Cara84
Aspirant
Aspirant
All is connected to wifi. Light is blue on the base and blue lights flickers in cameras at times. It just doesn’t seem to be picking up the device through the app when searching. I’ve tried trouble shooting to no avail
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

First, the camera LED shouldn't be blue unless it's plugged in and fully charged. The only other time it should be blue is when attempting to sync the camera where it will slowly blink blue until synced (rapid blue blink) or fails (rapid amber blink). If the camera LED is blue all the time and not plugged in, I'd say it's faulty and you should remove the system from your account and swap at the store.

Cara84
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hey thanks for this info! I will take back to the store today!!
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation