Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Problem with last software update Nov 2018

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Rose7382
Initiate
Initiate

I have contacted support before and still no response. I'm trying again. Please advise what the problem or solution with the home security camera. I can no longer view software Arlo on phone due to unfamiliar message. I have tried to download to app but still seems to be a problem viewing on Android Samsung phone. I've had the camera set up for 2 months no previous problems until now. Can you PLEASE advise? Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
Rose7382
Initiate
Initiate

The app on my andrioid phone is crashing. I have deleted and downloaded the app several times on my phone. Please advise if there is a fix to this issue. I've only had the camera for a few months and want to return. I have been made aware that a software update is the issue but I just want to know how to fix it so I can use the product as purchased. thanks

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You're going to have to be more specific than "unfamiliar message." Give us exact details.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @Rose7382,

What phone are you using? Try to delete the app cache through your phone settings.

screaminchicken
Tutor
Tutor

I suspect you are wasting your time. I have spent hours with the very polite but totally useless Arlo support team. They won’t acknowledge that it is a widespread issue and insist it is just my system. I have been sent a replacement base station and that still doesn’t work. I have been promised a new power cable as it may be a power issue. A week later I am still waiting. Basically, it seems they have no idea how to fix the issue, and they won’t admit it. The support service is basically just a call centre where the people are very polite but totally incapable. 

I have emailed the NetGear CEO to see if he has any ideas but it seems he just doesn’t answer emails.

I own two NetGear routers and an Arlo system but I will never again buy a NetGear product.

my suggestion to resolve your problem would be to throw your system away and buy a security system that is capable of fulfilling it's product description

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation