Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 WiFi settings possible to configure static IP addresses for the different components?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
pme
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just purchased and configured 4 cameras and the base station for my Arlo 2 Pro system. I would like to know what the WifI specs are for the system. I am getting ready to also upgrade my WiFi network in my house to a Mesh network. I want to understand the WiFi requirements as I build my mesh network. Is it possible to configure static IP addresses for the different components.?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
pme
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am familiar with setting static IP's via my router or DHCP server, I was more interested in getting into the base station either via a web interface or the cli to see if I could adjust the settings there.  I was also trying to figure out whether it was a 2.4 Ghz or 5Ghz signal.  I have since fingured that out.  I'll just set up the static address in my DHCP server.  

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Setting static IP addresses is something you'd have to do in the router's settings. Any modern router, mesh or not, will have a LAN setting that allows you to define an IP address per MAC address for however many devices you want. DHCP will then make sure each device is where you want it. Since you can't change the base settings, using the router settings is the only way to do this.

pme
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am familiar with setting static IP's via my router or DHCP server, I was more interested in getting into the base station either via a web interface or the cli to see if I could adjust the settings there.  I was also trying to figure out whether it was a 2.4 Ghz or 5Ghz signal.  I have since fingured that out.  I'll just set up the static address in my DHCP server.  

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation