Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Problem adding a Pro2 camera to an existing Arlo System

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
bludder57
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have since a couple of years an Arlo System with two cameras (Pro2). Recently I wanted to add a third camera (that I bougth from Arlo at the same time) but in the procedure to add a camera the response is "no base station found".

This is weird, I can see the two other cameras why the base station must be live. Also interestingly enough, Google home esily find the cameras, both the "new" one and the two older ones....

I have tried to use the "Wizard" and then get the "no base station found", I have also tried to press the sync buoon on the base station (WMB4000) until lsync blincs and then bressed the sync button on the camera while holding them tigthly together. The Arlo Pro 2's are model VMC4030P

No Arlo base station found.jpg
2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@bludder57 wrote:

I have since a couple of years an Arlo System with two cameras (Pro2). Recently I wanted to add a third camera (that I bougth from Arlo at the same time) but in the procedure to add a camera the response is "no base station found".

This is weird, I can see the two other cameras why the base station must be live. Also interestingly enough, Google home esily find the cameras, both the "new" one and the two older ones....

I have tried to use the "Wizard" and then get the "no base station found", I have also tried to press the sync buoon on the base station (WMB4000) until lsync blincs and then bressed the sync button on the camera while holding them tigthly together. The Arlo Pro 2's are model VMC4030P

I agree it's weird.  You probably should contact support (using the link at the top of the forum page).  @JamesC or @Mark-V might have some thoughts.

bludder57
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Stephen,

I tried the support but they only serve US and I'm in Sweden... I got hold of a Swedish supportnumber but no response (yet)

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation