Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Dymo33
Star
Star

New owner of a multi camera Pro 2 system with one big problem that I can't seem to remedy. I am using the camera to catch people stealing from a storage location for my business. Whe I get an alert notification from motion being detected (I think it's called a Push notification) on my phone, I then go to see what has happened and the camera stops recording. It won't let me manually record until the time limit is up. I can't get the camera to contiune recording like my Ring system does at home. I tried chatting with support but they are extremely unhelpful and seem to not understand my problem (worse customer support I've had actually using chat). What good is getting an alert that then stops recording when you go to investigate? And it won't let me manually record unless I hit pause and wait a couple seconds, or wait for the 2 minute time limit I have set to finish. I am ready to return the system as this is a big problem that my Ring doesn't have. Can someone please help me fix this issue? Right now it is useless for catching people in the act and having a video of it in its entirety.

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What might be a good idea would be to use AC power for your camera(s) and subscribe to the CVR option. That will capture the whole stream including the recordings. You won't need to use live view and interrupt the recording (I didn't realize that the recording time had anything to do with being able to manually record). You can just select CVR instead of live view to watch what's going on while maintaining your recordings.

Dymo33
Star
Star

Thank you but that defeats the whole purpose of why I bought the Arlo system. I need wireless and I will not pay extra for a basic common sense feature. Interupting a security recording while in progress is just plain dumb and I can't believe Netgear would engineer it that way. If I have to pay for the cameras to not stop recording while an alert is being viewed then the whole system is going back to Amazon. I want to get away from monthly fees, which is the only thing I hate about my Ring system at home.

garciag800
Tutor
Tutor

Couldn't agree more about the awful customer service. Truly awful (see my other post)

For your issue, go to your arlo app, hit mode, then your device, then the pencil next to "Armed" (or whatever you have selected), then the pencil under rules "if motion on", then pencil next to "record video", then select "record for a fixed length of time", and put that at the max 120 seconds ... it will then give you 2 full minutes of recording after it senses motion ... and if there's motion again after the 120 seconds, it will record another 120 seconds

Dymo33
Star
Star

Thank you for the reply my friend, but you misunderstand me. I already have the 2 minute time for all recordings, but when you get an alert and go to watch the Live View it will stop your recording. And then you can't manually hit the record option until that 2 minute time has run out regardless. Absoultely stupid beyond comprehension, and the reason I think I'll be returning the entire system.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation