Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro2 camera motion sensitivity

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
bech53
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo Pro 2 camera motion sensitivity,,,,,,I am confused why there are two places to adjust motion sensitivity for a camera. one is in device settings, device utilities, then motion detection test. The other is when select a camera listed under a particular mode, if motion on.....motion is detected, then adjust sensitivity. 

These settings are independant of each other. What are both sensitivity adjustments used for and when?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@bech53 wrote:

Arlo Pro 2 camera motion sensitivity,,,,,,I am confused why there are two places to adjust motion sensitivity for a camera. one is in device settings, device utilities, then motion detection test.

The motion detection test is .... well, just a test.  The settings there are experimental.  The idea is that you play with them until you find the setting that you like - which you then use as the trigger in a mode rule.

So these settings aren't saved anywhere when you exit the test.

It is a bit complicated (modes in general can get pretty complicated).

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@bech53 wrote:

Arlo Pro 2 camera motion sensitivity,,,,,,I am confused why there are two places to adjust motion sensitivity for a camera. one is in device settings, device utilities, then motion detection test.

The motion detection test is .... well, just a test.  The settings there are experimental.  The idea is that you play with them until you find the setting that you like - which you then use as the trigger in a mode rule.

So these settings aren't saved anywhere when you exit the test.

It is a bit complicated (modes in general can get pretty complicated).

bech53
Aspirant
Aspirant

thank you, very clear explanation!

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation