Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro2 Explanation on 5 separate notifications for arlo in the android settings

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
AGH
Follower
Follower

There are 5 separate notifications for arlo in the android settings. I  show them attached as a screenshot from my android phone. I am aware of what the 4th one means. It means someone has triggered a push notification. The other four I am clueless. Anyone know where an official explanation of these might be found.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi AGH,

The "my_channel" notification is related to Two-Step Verification. This is mentioned on this post: "my_channel" in notification settings

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I certainly don't have a technical explanation for these since that's a programming thang between Arlo and Android. My guess is that Always Listening and Background Processing may be related so the app doesn't go to sleep and can be contacted from the servers for any needed operation, including Arlo doorbell presses (if you have one). Geofencing is the ability to use the phone's location to determine whether you're at home or away, as needed for use of the Geofencing mode. The "my_channel" is something I have no idea about - someone else would have to jump in.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi AGH,

The "my_channel" notification is related to Two-Step Verification. This is mentioned on this post: "my_channel" in notification settings

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation