Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro2 Base Station Lost Sync Won't Re-Sync (No SSID Broadcast)

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
ABursell
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo Pro2 base with 5 cameras has worked fine for a year, except for two times I had to remove/reinsert battery from one camera to get it back online (call it a fluke?). No other issues.

Recorded motion this morning fine, no problems. Then, no recording at all.

The base shows the power and internet lights green. The camera light off.

I tried restarting multiple times, both with the power button and pulling plug - no change.

I removed the base device from my account and re-added multiple - no problems, but it never sees any cameras when I try to re-add them.

I then noticed there is no longer the NETGEAR55 SSID I remember seeing in my wifi manager.

I have tried re-syncing manually by using the button on top and the camera light will blink green for a while but never finds the camera sitting next to it blinking blue.

I suspect the wifi died in the base but looking for any other troubleshooting options I might have missed.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you don't see something that you can relate to the base (I see NTGR_VMB****) then I'd agree that the base is defective. If you're within the 1 year wrranty, open a case with support here:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Otherwise, another base isn't terribly expensive (~$70).

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since you've partially reset, do the whole thing. Remove all devices in Settings, My Devices. Hold the reset button on the base until the LEDs flash amber. Claim the base using the Add Device button (web) or + (app). Sync the cameras. Update firmware if prompted as you go.

ABursell
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for the reply. Sorry if I wasn't clear but I did try the reset button and going through setup from scratch several times.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

But did you perform the whole sequence I posted just above your reply? The sequence matters.

It's certainly possible that there's a hardware fault but we need to do all the full troubleshooting steps to be sure.

ABursell
Aspirant
Aspirant
The first time I tried the reset it removed all the cameras from my account. I didn't think it would but they do not show now.

I hold the reset button until all lights flash Amber, then let it restart.

I can add the base to my account no problem. But after I try to add a camera and it never sees the camera. The light on the base flashes green. The light on the camera flashes blue. But they never see each other.

I did note that I don't see the NETGEAR55 WiFi network like I used to.

I'm thinking at this point that the wifi in the base died. Since it literally worked fine and then just couldn't see any of the cameras all of the sudden.

I suppose it's also possible the cameras couldn't be added if they were already on my account, but I do not see them anyplace, and like I said I don't see wifi anymore.

I think I should be seeing wifi, correct?

Is there a way to ensure the cameras are not linked? I didn't remove them, they went away after the first hard reset

Thanks again.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you don't see something that you can relate to the base (I see NTGR_VMB****) then I'd agree that the base is defective. If you're within the 1 year wrranty, open a case with support here:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Otherwise, another base isn't terribly expensive (~$70).

ABursell
Aspirant
Aspirant

This has been incredibly frustrating. After explaining all the steps I had already done, tech support has taken me through all of the standard power cycles and such. We managed to get one camera to go back under my account but could not get it to actually work (livestream). After that the agent helped me add a 2nd camera which also did not work (not sure why that was a good idea). One time I was able to get a black screen, otherwise I just get offline messages and request timed out messages. At which point I was asked to run a speedtest and told me connection is too slow, even though it is the same speed it has been for my entire Arlo experience (and even though I was trying to stream 1 camera when I had 5 before). After my objections, then the problem became my batteries. After using both on AC and then swapping batteries, I was told my wifi is likely the problem. Even though there are no networks within 1/4 mile of here. I brought up not being able to see the Arlo wifi several times and was told an update removed that (even though my wifi scanner should see hidden SSIDs). 

Finally after nearly 2 hours with tech support I became frustrated and asked for a supervisor. At that point the agent agreed to send a new base station. So, now I wait for an email to see how that will go.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation