Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro and Pro 2 are connected to Solar Panel to charge. Battery runs low after 12 hours to 40%.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
SanmigQueen
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Pro2 & pro are connected to solar panels to charge, but they show battery charging subject to weather, but there going down. So much so that I charged it with the mains to 109% & after 12 hours it was down to 40% without use. Not happy.

8 REPLIES 8
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@SanmigQueen wrote:

after 12 hours it was down to 40% without use. 

• Are you seeing any evidence of lost connections between the camera and the base (for instance live streaming failing)?
  • Do you have some estimate of the number of minutes of recording per day?  If you use activity zones, you'll need to delete them before trying to benchmark this number.
SanmigQueen
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, thanks for your help, but it’s not on during the day when I’m at home & it probably records a max of about 15 minutes a day. It was fully charged Friday night by the mains & by Monday morning it was flat.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@SanmigQueen wrote:

it’s not on during the day when I’m at home & it probably records a max of about 15 minutes a day

This is with activity zones off?

SanmigQueen
Aspirant
Aspirant

All sorted now. I’ve bought a new battery & it works ok now. However I’m not happy about spending £60 on a new battery when they are rechargeable, plus there corrected to a genuine Arlo solar panel. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you contact support to invoke your warranty? 

SanmigQueen
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’ve frequently contacted them and had live web chat, but did not correct my problem and they were really, really slow to reply, then they said they hadn’t heard from me so the case was closed. That wasn’t true I replied every time.

So unhappily I purchased another battery & it works ok.

I’m not happy as I’ve 4 cameras and don’t want to buy a new battery every 6 months for them as there expensive as are the cameras etc. I have an Arlo solar panel for each one, as I thought that would keep the battery topped up. How wrong was I? I’m really not happy or impressed.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since the battery seems to be defective, your option is to use the warranty and use the Contact Support link to get it replaced. There's also the phone option besides Chat.

SanmigQueen
Aspirant
Aspirant

Many thanks for your help. I’ll try what you suggest .

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation