Scardaddy
Follower
Follower

I have a mixture of devices. 

3x Original Arlo wireless cams

2x Arlo Q+

3x Arlo Ultra

2x Arlo Baby cams

Everything was working fine for months then out of nowhere videos were no longer appearing in my library from the Ultra cams.  I still got notifications of recordings.  I was using local storage and took the SD card out to find videos were still being recorded at the times of notifications.  The problem is that the library is not populating videos from any device other then the Arlo Baby cams.

I have been looking around for a solution for a while and I noticed an uptick in this kind of problem for many Arlo users.  I also saw that Arlo had claimed to fix this bug halfway through last month.  If I am not mistaken then the bug is indeed what I am experiencing and it is definitely not fixed.  I know I do not fall into the definition of a normal user whit this kind of hardware setup but I do expect to have the system act as expected and this long term behavior is actually making us less secure as I have to go back after the incident dig out the SD card and find recordings by date.

We were actually burgled during this issue and this is how I had to send the videos to the police.  The solution says there is nothing to be done by end users can someone from Arlo actually help me find a cause or solution.

Thank You

2 REPLIES 2
Dannybear
Master
Master
Has your subscription for the ultra lapsed?
If you have a camera subscription you should be entitled to speak to a real arlo support person.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Scardaddy wrote:

I have a mixture of devices. 

3x Original Arlo wireless cams

2x Arlo Q+

3x Arlo Ultra

2x Arlo Baby cams

Everything was working fine for months then out of nowhere videos were no longer appearing in my library from the Ultra cams.  I still got notifications of recordings.  I was using local storage and took the SD card out to find videos were still being recorded at the times of notifications.  The problem is that the library is not populating videos from any device other than the Arlo Baby cams.

Is this mix of cameras all connected to the same VMB5000 base?

Also, it'd be useful to know the mobile device, and what version of Android/iOS it is running.

It sounds like you are saying that when you access the base storage from the app, the access is succesful, but you are only seeing the Arlo baby cam videos, and nothing else.  But when you eject/review the SD card, you see all the recorded videos from all the cameras.  Do I have this correct?

I am wondering if you tried clearing the filters for the library (even if the filter list showed up empty)?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation