Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro 2 not detecting motion

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
DesperadoWrngle
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a pro 2 it will detect sound but will not pick up motion. I’ve even tried taken the battery out removing it from Arlo and still nothing. I have base station vmb 3500. I’ve exhausted all leads cannot get it figured out. 

8 REPLIES 8
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@DesperadoWrngle wrote:

I have a pro 2 it will detect sound but will not pick up motion. I’ve even tried taken the battery out removing it from Arlo and still nothing. I have base station vmb 3500. I’ve exhausted all leads cannot get it figured out. 

Have you tried the motion detection test?

DesperadoWrngle
Aspirant
Aspirant
Spoiler
Yes I have the light doesn’t blink when I do the test. But I can see the infared light up but I don’t see a amber light.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@DesperadoWrngle wrote:
Yes I have the light doesn’t blink when I do the test. But I can see the infared light up but I don’t see a amber light.

You might try removing the camera from your account and re-adding it.  Likely a long shot though.

DesperadoWrngle
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’ve taken battery out and remove device from app, Factory reset it I think I’m have tried everything lol. It picks up sounds I can record when it’s live just for some reason the motion detection will not pick up and it just started 1 day this week.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@DesperadoWrngle wrote:

I’ve taken battery out and remove device from app, Factory reset it I think I’m have tried everything lol. It picks up sounds I can record when it’s live just for some reason the motion detection will not pick up and it just started 1 day this week.

It's not possible to factory-reset a Pro 2, though you can factory reset the base.

Since the motion detection test fails, it is either

1. something failed in the camera hardware (and not repairable)
  2. something blocking the PIR sensors.  Which could be cleaned perhaps.  Or if there is a camera skin on the camera, you could remove the skin
  3. A firmware issue (which seems unlikely, since the other camera would have the same firmware).
DesperadoWrngle
Aspirant
Aspirant

I only have one camera it’s been working fine until one day this week. (Sorry for the confusion) I cleaned the battery terminals, the front of camera I’m thinking it’s got to be something with the hardware as well. It doesn’t have a skin I have checked in the app to see if there was an update I didn’t see one. 

sounds like it’s time to replace it. Thanks for the reply’s!

Aallus
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here. You may have to buy a storage plan if you don’t have one. I had to buy one to get mine back working as before. Arlo’s EOL policy as listed above is probably your issue.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@DesperadoWrngle wrote:

I only have one camera it’s been working fine until one day this week. (Sorry for the confusion) I cleaned the battery terminals, the front of camera I’m thinking it’s got to be something with the hardware as well. It doesn’t have a skin I have checked in the app to see if there was an update I didn’t see one. 

The Pro 2 isn't end-of-life until 1 January 2025, and your issue isn't linked to the EOL.

Have you tried the motion detection test?

@DesperadoWrngle wrote:

sounds like it’s time to replace it. 

A new camera will require a subscription to get cloud storage - just something to keep in mind.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation