Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro 2 motion sensitivity degraded

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
datzow
Tutor
Tutor

I have a mixture of Arlo Pro and Pro 2 cameras and it seems to be consistent across the models. I have noticed a couple of degredations in performance, which seem to have started around the same time Arlo has decoupled from Netgear:

- Sensitivity of the cameras seem significantly less. I used to get a lot of recordings of foot traffic on the footpath out the front of our house, but do not seem to get much if any at all. Foot path is about 4.5 m from where the cameras are. I used to previously even get recordings of foot traffic across the street, never get that any more.

- I have noticed the lag time from when the motion occurs to when the recording actually starts seems to have increased. The performance previously was not great but not bad. Now when I do get recordings its a lot of the time as a person is moving out of the frame. 

I have tried:

- Turning the sensitivity right up

- Resetting the cameras

-  Checked firmware and it says none available

Has anyone else experienced this and does anyone know how to fix it.

2 REPLIES 2
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @datzow

Have you tried to remove the cameras from Settings > My Devices > Re-Add & test again?

There has been an issue reported with recording lag and objects appearing at the en of the frame. You can find this thread and statement here - Recording LAG library videos are showing objects just before leaving frame

lite1
Apprentice
Apprentice

@ShanyneS Glad to see someone from Arlo responding yet find that your response would be much more useful if you pointed to some conclusion/summary of the 126 posts thread that you point to in your response. I am newbie, still within return window; deeply ambivalent about my 6 Pro2 camera system. Each time I visit the forum I am very grateful to some of the old timers who give far better input than the official Arlo KB articles; and then randomly read some of the threads of very frustrated users. Your response provides some help, but in my opinion could be far more useful!

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation