Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Caud
Tutor
Tutor

After a morning of searching community and help and finding nothing to solve my problem and resurrect my camera That had been in a soaking heavy rain and would not respond at all and is less than 5 months old, I had a sudden idea.

i treated it like a wet cell phone and sealed it in plastic bag with moisture removal packets stuffed In open battery compartment and all around camera.

10 hrs later I removed, inserted battery and SUCCESS,  back up and working perfectly..

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That tends to imply an improperly sealed camera or battery door. The door seal can be relatively easily displaced when changing/charging and/or the door may not have been fully closed. Make sure the seal is in place and the door fully closed and monitor it. If it happens again, use the Contact Support link at the bottom here to see about a replacement since some other seal may be leaking.

Caud
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for the link to address.   Door closed and outdoor skin also covering so I don’t think this was/is the problem.  It was a heavy 3” rain storm, but these are supposed to be outdoor cameras.  Have read f others since in researching my problem who have had the same issue. 
I have had it inside zip lock bag with moisture removing packets and at first I thought we were good but it only fired up long enough to get connection and ne viewing of drive then gone again.

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Caud wrote:

i treated it like a wet cell phone and sealed it in plastic bag with moisture removal packets stuffed In open battery compartment and all around camera.

If you don't have moisture removal packets. a standard trick when trying to dry out wet electronics is to use dry (of course) rice.

@Caud wrote:

After a morning of searching community and help and finding nothing to solve my problem and resurrect my camera That had been in a soaking heavy rain and would not respond at all and is less than 5 months old, I had a sudden idea.

Reports of sodden cameras are rare – I can't remember the last time I saw one – so my inclination, like @jguerdat's, is to check the thing for a loose seal. I have had them sitting in driving rain for many months with no sign of soggy chips.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Caud
Tutor
Tutor

Forget my success story n sealing camera in bag with moisture packets...it only worked for a few minutes now blinks rapidly blue/amber.  Tried repeatedly to reset base and all the other suggestions and I’m done and so is it.   

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Caud,

If your LED on your Arlo Pro 2 camera is showing both blue and amber, it means it's updating the firmware. You can read more about the LED lights here: What do the different LED behaviors on my Arlo camera mean?

Caud
Tutor
Tutor
I have the Pro 2 plugged in and it’s still blinking blue/amber for over 30 minutes now.
Will leave plugged in but seems should have completed by now if working proper.
Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation