Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro 2 doesn't detect motion or record. Sensitivity set at 90. Works fine with Pro 3 Floodlight.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Missyrobinson
Aspirant
Aspirant

We recently started having drug deals happen in front of our house. I have 3 arlo pro 2 cams set up on my house. Not one time while this activity was going on did the camera go off or record. Not any one of the three. The cars were parked in front of my house and in the designated zones for recording activity. I've noticed that these cameras will pick up the wind blowing the tree but not whole cars and people. Ive tried every reset ive seen on the forums. Every order of operation you name it. My sensitivity is set to 90! What can I do to fix this?

I called my friend because he had the same cameras to see if he had any issues. He said he had the same issues and took his cameras down and replaced with a ring flood light.

I purchased the arlo pro 3 flood light today. It has the exact same zone for motion as one of my pro 2 cams. The flood cam caught the activity all 3 times it happened today. The pro 2 cam never even went off. If I can't figure out a solution I'm going to junk the pro 2 cams. They seem to be pretty useless at this point. Im just glad the flood light cam is taking up the slack.

I've literally tried everything. Is there anything else I have missed to try?

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Remember that these cameras use PIR sensors which limit people detection to maybe 25 feet at 100% sensitivity. Action has to be across the FOV and fast enough to trigger a recording. Camera positioning and sensitivity are all-important. A different model has different hardware and firmware  so can't necessarily be directly compared.

Also remember that moving branches/leaves and cars are usually detected due to the reflection of the sun's IR. The sun is obviously a stronger source of IR than a person so changing the camera's positioning can help a lot. 

Missyrobinson
Aspirant
Aspirant
The cameras are out of direct sun with the best possible view. It picks up nothing most times. My neighbors ring and vivint cams have done better jobs. Its frustrating. The Flood light is working perfectly. At least I have that. However for comparison here is the camera views for both cams. Both points in the same spot. One gets everything one gets practically nothing. Ill probably try another reset but that hasn't been working.
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation