Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro 2 did not pick up motion w/ large dumpster. Not getting any push notifications. How to improve?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
neeltburn
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have had my Alro Pro 2 system for several month.  My driveway camera has never really preformed as I feel it should.  Today I have noticed that while trying the second camera in this location on the system that the camera not only did not notice at large dumpster being picked up from my drive way but I have also stopped getting any push notifications. Sensitivity is set to 100.  I will occasionally get cars driving down the street, but rarely get video of my truck or others pulling in or out of the drive way.  What are my options to improve this?  I have verified that I have the most recent firmware on all devices.  This is my only complaint of the system and I like all of its features however, not catching a dumpster being removed from a drive is pretty significant. 

2 REPLIES 2
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi neeltburn,

Thanks for sharing your experience about the Arlo Pro 2 system.

What phone device are you using? Are you using the new Arlo app or the Arlo Legacy app? Make sure to use the new Arlo app and try to reinstall and reboot your phone device to see if that helps.

You also might want to reposition your Arlo Pro 2 camera to see if that helps and try using the motion detection test to see if it detects motion, which you can read here: How do I use the motion detection test for my Arlo device? 

For more information on how to optimize motion detection on your Arlo camera, read more about it here: How do I optimize motion detection for my Arlo camera?

neeltburn
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have re positioned camera and added a second camera to the driveway.  I still feel as if it is not covered to the best ability when motion is detected, will try this and see still not convinced. 

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation