Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Shellysinko
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the Pro2 cameras and base station. Purchased in 2018.

I have had trouble with my siren since I downloaded the new app (7/5/24). I have 2 automations set up. One goes to standby during the day (this one is fine). The other I have set for Arm at Home to turn on at 10:30 every night. I want it to record any motion and trigger the siren if there is motion. Every night at 10:30 (when the automation begins) the siren sounds and the video begins recording. The cameras did not detect any motion.

How do I fix this?

How do I get the cameras to activate video and recording if motion is detected?

10 REPLIES 10
BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Watch your cameras throughout the day today and let me know if the behavior changes by tomorrow.

Shellysinko
Aspirant
Aspirant

How does watching my cameras fix the problem I am having?

Below is the problem I have with the new app and my cameras:

I have had trouble with my siren since I downloaded the new app (7/5/24). I have 2 automations set up. One goes to standby during the day (this one is fine). The other I have set for Arm at Home to turn on at 10:30 every night. I want it to record any motion and trigger the siren if there is motion. Every night at 10:30 (when the automation begins) the siren sounds and the video begins recording. The cameras did not detect any motion.

How do I fix this?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Shellysinko wrote:

How does watching my cameras fix the problem I am having?

@BrookeN just wants to know if your problem is resolved.

Usually the mods ask this when there is a change made in the Arlo Cloud that they believe will fix it.

Shellysinko
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have not been using the scheduled automation. I will try it tonight and see if it works.

Shellysinko
Aspirant
Aspirant

I tried the automation last night and had the same problem. The cameras and siren activated at 10:30 pm when the schedule is supposed to start.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I sent this information to our development team. I will update the community as soon as possible. 

Shellysinko
Aspirant
Aspirant

Still waiting for a solution to this problem:

I have had trouble with my siren since I downloaded the new app (7/5/24). I have 2 automation set up. One goes to standby during the day (this one is fine). The other I have set for Arm at Home to turn on at 10:30 every night. I want it to record any motion and trigger the siren if there is motion. Every night at 10:30 (when the automation begins) the siren sounds and the video begins recording. The cameras did not detect any motion.

How do I fix this?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Shellysinko wrote:

The other I have set for Arm at Home to turn on at 10:30 every night. I want it to record any motion and trigger the siren if there is motion. Every night at 10:30 (when the automation begins) the siren sounds and the video begins recording. The cameras did not detect any motion.

If you manually set the mode to Arm Home do you get recordings and notifications?

Does your schedule automation just set the mode to Arm Home?  If you enabled Siren and Record a Video in the schedule automation itself, you should take those out.

Shellysinko
Aspirant
Aspirant

If you manually set the mode to Arm Home do you get recordings and notifications? YES, the recording and notifications work.

Does your schedule automation just set the mode to Arm Home? If you enabled Siren and Record a Video in the schedule automation itself, you should take those out. When I set the schedule I added the video and siren when motion is detected. If I take those out, will the video and siren still happen when motion is detected?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Shellysinko wrote:

When I set the schedule I added the video and siren when motion is detected. If I take those out, will the video and siren still happen when motion is detected?

Those are telling the system to sound the siren and make a recording whenever that schedule automation is triggered (e.g, every day).

So remove those.  The rules in the Arm Home mode are all you need.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation