Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro 2 cameras audio and motion icons greyed out

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Reallyconfused
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Last night I found all four of my cameras unresponsive. When viewing the screen on my app I saw that the icons for audio AND motion were light grey (disabled) where they should be black (enabled). It was as if they were both turned off somehow. The cameras would not detect motion at all, the motion icon would not turn yellow as it normally would when sensing motion.

The base had a solid blue light and nothing in the system suggested anything was offline.

I had to power cycle the base to get the icons black again but even then the cameras were not working properly. It looked like they were now sensing motion (black icon turning yellow) but not recording, or at least sending video to my app or base. I then pushed the sync button on the back of the base unit and all was well again. That was 12 hours ago and things have been fine since.

A chat session for one hour and 35 minutes with tech support got me no where but frustrated. The guy just kept asking the same questions over and over as if he was not even reading my comments. I got the sense that he just had no answer to my problem. Or it’s just that he kind of knows there are issues but did not want to say “hey, that’s just how this stuff works”

Anyone else have this happen? I’m just wondering because I still have two weeks for a refund if need be. 

I also had one time where all four cameras went offline, and the screen stated this. Full disconnect, reboot, resync of four cameras required. It’s been two weeks that I have owned this system. Is this how it will work (read: not work) for the life of the product?

5 REPLIES 5
Dannybear
Master
Master
What you’re getting with the icons is typical of the base station offline firmware issue when the base has locked up.
All you can do is power cycle the base to get the hardware working again. Do this twice daily, before you go out and before going to bed.
Reallyconfused
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Wait. I paid $950 so I can manually reboot my base twice a day so the whole thing keeps working? I’m thinking there is something wrong with this picture
Dannybear
Master
Master
The power cycling only resets the base if it has locked up, it gets the siren hardware working again.

If you don’t use the siren then there is no value in power cycling the base unless you loose the cameras, sometimes the cameras will be uninstalled and or the base itself gets removed from your account and you have to start from scratch.

Power cycling twice a day is the only workaround for me.
Removing the USB backup devices may help too but it does not fix the siren hardware issue as my base still goes offline twice a day anyway.

The offline issue has been around since early May and remained in place for the last three firmware updates.
Reallyconfused
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Nice. What did I get myself into here? I’m really wondering if I should walk away while I have the chance. I would like something that just works. Specially at this price point.
Dannybear
Master
Master
I don’t think it’s a brain teaser as to what you should do, given that this has been about for months already and no fix is in sight.

If you do decide to take it back you can always check back here in six months to see if has been resolved and so make a more informed decision then.
Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation