Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro 2 camera system with two base stations

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
steve392
Aspirant
Aspirant

I currently have the Arlo Pro 2 system for both my house (indoor cameras) and outbuilding (outdoor cameras) and use a separate base station for each, using a total of 9 cameras. I needed to open a separate Arlo account for each base because of the 5 camera limit per account.

I am looking to upgrade a few of my outdoor cameras for better night vision, and am thinking of getting the Pro 4 or perhaps the Ultra 2 cameras. If I do so, I will intend to purchase a monthly Secure plan. I understand that one plan offers an unlimited number of cameras for $9.99/month.

My question is, will this one monthly Secure plan cover 9 or 10 cameras supported by two separate base stations/hubs (separate acccounts)? I wouldn't want to have two Secure plans for each base station.

If so, would I need to consolidate all cameras and base stations/hubs into one account so that I can have only to pay for one secure plan?

Thanks for the help,

Steve

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

More than likely you would need to remove all devices from one account and add them into the other. The subs are per account.

steve392
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yeah, that's what I was thinking also. Thanks for the quick reply. Aside from wanting to upgrade a few outdoor cameras, I also wanted to have my Arlo wired doorbell record, either to the cloud or to local storage. Recording to local storage is problematic. I currently have the VMB4000 bases, and I have been unsuccessful in recording doorbell activity to a local USB drive. I was able to set up the local drive and enable it on the app, and the Pro 2 cameras do record locally, but not the doorbell.

Even if the doorbell did record locally, the need to remove the drive and view the videos on my laptop is not ideal.

It's great that Arlo offers the free 7-day storage for the Pro 2 system and I do use it, but now to get any newer cameras or the doorbell to record remotely from the app, I'll have to get a subscription. 

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation