Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro 2 camera picking up shadows

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
MarkHubbs
Follower
Follower

I've just set up my Arlo Pro 2 three camera system. I'm very impressed with it so far, but have one camera that covers my driveway.  During daylight hours, especially if sunny, it will notify me 20+ times an hour.  The only thing I can see moving in the vids is a shadow of a tree on the concrete drive way.  I've tried setting the sensitivity down to 25% with little change.  

Is the camera picking up this shadow?  If so, is there an adjustment to be made that will eliminate notifications for this, but remain sensitive to people and vehicles?  Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Make sure you are adjusting the sense level in the mode ( not the test section )

You also can make a copy of the current mode in a custom mode ( without alerts ) and then schedule both during times needed OR manually use when needed no alerts.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@MarkHubbs wrote:

Is the camera picking up this shadow?  

Likely yes.

If you have a subscription, you can turn off notifications for "all other motion".  That would likely be more effective than adjusting motion sensitivity.  Activity zones could also help - and of course positioning the camera to keep the shadows out of the field of view would help the most.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation