Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro 2 camera IR is on even when disarmed?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
DM2018
Follower
Follower

Hi.

I bought my arlo pro 2 end of year 2020. Tonight I have noticed my arlo camera in my room infrared light on while it is disarmed. I have Googled why this could be happening and alot of people are saying it was a battery drainage bug that should have been fixed 2018 - 2019.

Am I being hacked or is there another reason why this is happening? I am a complete night owl and awake for hours at night with main light off and this is the first time I have noticed it. All batterys on my Arlos are at the same capacity. they were all charged and turned on at the same time which to me signifys no major battery loss so no battery drainage. I could be wrong.

If someone could enlighten me I would very much appreciate this. Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Not prob hacked...if you sign on with the primary account, any other login would be knocked off( unless shared )..... but normally not on unless camera is on in a low light situation.

as to FW, you can check in settings to confirm all your cameras have the same software versions ( under device info ).

Have you pulled battery and then replaced to reset camera? 

IF ac powered and the CVR option then the camera is active and IR leds would be on tho.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Jammy22
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have same issue. I have my cameras turned completely off and I will hear them triggering the night vision and see them light up. Camera is off, night vision is also off. This started happening right after the last app update. I have restarted base station several times, recharged batteries every 3 days now instead of every 60 days. This is major drain on batteries. All cameras have same firmware version. Any help or direction would be great. 

Micjen
Aspirant
Aspirant

I also have this problem with one of my Pro 2 camera. It suddenly started draining battery and I discovered IR flashing, when not armed. I have tried a lot and have now reached a dead end. I have now removed all devices, reset base station (on the back), removed base station from app configuration and set all up again (including reconfigure all schedules). The problem still on the exact same camera. The camera with the flashing IR drain battery with 10% pr. day.

I have off cause also removed battery, switch batteries and moved position of camera.

An interesting input could be, that the flashing IR repeats with an exact time interval. Every 30 min and 24 sec, I see the flashing. None off my other cameras does this. The camera are disarmed. Problem also when armed. When I switch mode, I see the time start off the IR flashing intervals is reset. Because off my last observation (exact time intervals), I can’t believe it’s a hardware fault. Maybe others with same problem could check, if they have exact same time intervals. All devices/base/iOS running last version. Despite of IR/batt. drain, the camera works.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

SOunds very much like a hardware issue. Use the Contact Support link at the bottom here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation