Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro 2 battery last only for 1 week. Settings are at minimum motion detection. Tried power cycle.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Harshkochhar
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have recently purchased all pro two cameras and bass from Bunnings. I have observed that my battery last for not more then One week. I have tried all the troubleshooting steps recommended on community as well as on Google. All my camera settings are at the minimum including motion detection, speaker volume picture quality...
I also tried to power cycle and re-configure the entire set up however I am still experiencing poor battery Performance. Please suggest if you would like me to return the entire set to Bunnings?

9 REPLIES 9
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

Battery use depends on a bunch of stuff. As well as the work load, how often the cameras have to do their thing, there is the communication between the camera and the base station. If the camera has to strain to talk to the hub, it will run down more quickly.

Here's a more extensive response to a similar (shouty) question:

Re: ARLO PRO 2 CAMERA IS GARBAGE AFTER 1 MONTH OF ... - Arlo Community

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Harshkochhar
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am tech savvy myself, I have overruled all such possibilities which can strain the batter

I live in small 160sqm townhouse 

- One of the Camera is literally 3 meters away from the hub(monitoring interior ) and other is not more then 10 meters away(monitoring exterior). both are on ground floor

- we only have couple of other devices on the same frequency as our hub system is

- both cameras are on lowest possible(optimised) configuration 

I believe the battery reached their EoL(end of life) at the time I bought these camera 

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Harshkochhar wrote:

I am tech savvy myself, I have overruled all such possibilities which can strain the batter

It always help so to have detailed information. That wasn't clear from your original message.

You raised the local architecture. Good point.

Anyone who hangs around wifi territory for any time comes across the signal problem.  Some wifi environments are horrible. Houses full of steel girders or metal cladding for insulation, are great at suppressing wifi signals.

Can you rule that out? Do other wifi things play nice?

My Pro 2 batteries, now several years old, can put in months between charges. This is with a bigger spread than you have, so your "dead battery" theory makes sense. But if I have anything indoors I use mains power.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Harshkochhar
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for your quick response !

Yes other devices work fine on WiFI which including my TV(steam Netflix, prime etc), Laptops and mobiles.....
Currently I’m on level above(first floor) now and on my phone I am getting 46.2 Mbps speed with not much of jitter, and full strength WiFI. Screen shot attached
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Harshkochhar,

Have you tried setting your power setting to "Optimized" or "Best Battery Life" to see if that helps through the video settings for your camera?

Harshkochhar
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for your response Jassica , I made following changes in first week itself

1) Motion detection to 1
2) Video brightness to -1
3) Activity zone set (only one zone)
4) Power management - Best battery life

Nothing is helping, most the people I know bought Arlo pro are very happy with battery life except me. I believe I got lemon ...
Not sure what to do .... shall I return it to bunnings
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

I would suggest to contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

nrg14
Aspirant
Aspirant
I got solar panels to keep mine charged which is a lifesaver. I wasn’t willing to lower my setting to preserve battery life. 2 are in high traffic areas. Also wasn’t willing to go out on the roof to charge. The solar panels are even charging them with no sun out.
dcfox1
Master
Master

Yea I have one i use for a pro 3 and it works better then i expected. 

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation