Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro 2 batteries running low when they are solar powered unit

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
philstorin
Follower
Follower

I bought my Arlo Pro 2 system two years ago and installed three cameras.  They are solar powered units and we’ve had plenty of sunshine in Austin, Texas.  On January 3rd, I received an e-mail from Arlo stating that my batteries are running low.  Today, service to one of my units was shut down.  I don’t understand how batteries could be running low.  To my knowledge, these units do not contain batteries.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The cameras certainly do include batteries, hence the wire-free tag. The solar panels trickle-charge the batteries. You should see a battery icon for each camera with a lightning bolt in it if charging (empty battery means it's not full, a black battery means 100%). It's possible the panels aren't properly connected - charge the batteries and reconnect the panels to verify operation.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The cameras certainly do include batteries, hence the wire-free tag. The solar panels trickle-charge the batteries. You should see a battery icon for each camera with a lightning bolt in it if charging (empty battery means it's not full, a black battery means 100%). It's possible the panels aren't properly connected - charge the batteries and reconnect the panels to verify operation.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation