Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Spindel
Tutor
Tutor

It is infuriatingly slow to get a livestream from phone and computer, it gets stuck on "Connecting..."  when pressing the play symbol. 

If somebody rings my door (and get spotted with my Pro 2, connected with AC so not battery) they will have walked away before I can get a live stream to see who it is. Can I do anything to speed it up? Notification of detected movement is almost instant.

I have good reception and a fast internet connection.

(Android 10 with latest app-update/Chrome on Win10)

37 REPLIES 37
ScottMc1
Guide
Guide

I’m thanking once again our monthly system update professionals. Your update has tanked. I no longer can open up a live feed near instant. It takes up to 30 seconds and freezes up where it will not scroll. My cameras DO NOT FUNCTION as before. Last motion on a busy street today was yesterday, with dozens of motion opportunities. I wish Arlo would stop using 5 yr olds to design the software updated, this is such a joke.

Charge1213
Initiate
Initiate

I completely agree with you ScottMc1. I have noticed over the last few months, daily connection issues, extreme delays trying to access a live feed and random colorful haze picture when I try to view a recording. Whatever system updates ARLO has been doing is rendering my product almost useless to have. God forbid in a security emergency, I can guarantee at least 2-3 min delay to view a notification before I know who is on my property. This is very similar to the iPhone tactic when they launch a new product, the older models "tend to stop working as efficiently" out of nowhere.

I am going to look for a new security camera company before I would update my ARLO products.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Spindel

May I ask which troubleshooting steps you have performed so far? I don't want to suggest any prior methods you have previously performed.

Spindel
Tutor
Tutor
Why don't you just list all things that could improve the speed/performance?

My router and everything (else) connected to it works fine and I have a high speed connection.

However all equipment including my router and all Arlo cameras/basestation is rebooted. Batterypowered cameras (2/5) are fully charged.
Devosal
Initiate
Initiate
I have been having the same issue and it’s the most frustrating thing. I have 10 cameras and have invested a lot of money into Arlo. I’m about to buy lorex and I’ll be sure to tell everyone about my Poor experience with arlo.
ScottMc1
Guide
Guide
I am fed up. Now my Arlo pro 2 won’t even record motion. Cameras stay in a sedated mode for over a day and will not function unless I attempt to turn on live. Which is a complete joke. I will never, ever buy any of this tripe again. Anyone else enjoying the 5 year olds and their software updates?
birdieboy
Guide
Guide

There have been multiple posts from users with this problem.  We have all spoken to customer service and done

all the same things to try and correct this issue.  When I get a notification that there is movement at a camera

and I can't see the video for 2-3 minutes, there is a problem.  This started about March-April timeframe.  I never had

an issue before so some update or change has triggered this problem.  I consider this a real security issue when

I can't see what or who is causing the motion at a camera.  What is it going to take for Arlo to address this issue?

ss99
Guide
Guide

Worst system ever. Just when I think things can't get worse, they do. So disappointed in this awful app, full of glitches, never catches the key moments that are the sole purpose of having these cameras.

Hey Arlo, when are you going to do something to fix these problems? You've been having the same posts for years, which are getting closed "due to inactivity", but the topics being posted are all covering the same issues! I honestly question if your company even strives to offer any real form of customer service whatsoever.

Devosal
Initiate
Initiate
I couldn’t agree more! It is so frustrating that I can’t even watch anything on my app unless it takes 5 plus min to “connect”
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

When did this issue begin? Do you have the latest version of the Arlo mobile app 2.18?

JehovasFitness
Luminary
Luminary

Having same issue here mainly after ditching CVR but mainly on desktop (Chrome) 

Spindel
Tutor
Tutor
This isn't new for me and it isn't a new issue for other users eather and if you are not aware of it you have the same or possibly worse lag in your support as in your software.

As I wrote in my first post I have the latest version available on Google play, for now it's last updated 25th of June (2.18_28040 and auto update is set to on).

Please escalate this issue beyond first line of support with your standard questions, this is way past that.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @birdieboy

When did this issue first occur for you? Do you happen to have the link(s) to the other threads reporting this issue?

birdieboy
Guide
Guide

In March of this year, I started noticing changes in the system.   The video was taking 2-3 minutes to load into the

Library.  A lag time for a camera to come back on line when the battery was changed.  If you search the community you

will see others having the same problems.  I have received posts from babyduke and Drydry81 saying they are

having the same issue.  Recent Arlo reviews also show customers with this same problem.  I have to tell you, it is

very nerve racking to get a notification at 2 am from a camera and not be able to view the video for 2-3 minutes.

lmonteil
Initiate
Initiate

I am having this same problem but yesterday, it took a full 10 minutes!

It seems like if I close out the app and sign on again, they will all show up but that in itself takes time.

What is the remedy for this?

ss99
Guide
Guide
I don’t know what’s worse - to receive a notification but then have a significant lag until being able to see the video, or to not receive notifications at all? My notifications have completely stopped, on all 3 of my devices. I have tried every method posted on this site to get them back, to no avail. And I’m lucky if I’m able to view the cameras live, or the recordings in the library last more than a few seconds, if the motion was captured at all.

Look at all of the consistent problems people are explaining. The issue is clearly from Arlo’s end, not from ours.

It has become clear to me that Arlo will never fix these issues - it’s been this way for years. I only wish I did my due diligence better and read these community posts before investing in 7 cameras to make sure my 90+ grandmother on the other side of the country is safe. Such a waste.
SavageSerg
Aspirant
Aspirant

for quite some time now, my live feed will not load consistently.  If it does load, it takes several tries and 30+ seconds to load or i need to close the app entirely and start up again which still doesn't help sometimes.  It's not a wifi problem as nothing else regarding internet has had any changes as to access or speed. my phone is updated to date and the arlo app is the newest and updated one as well. is there a way to fix fast connection or response speed? does a subscription help speed? is there perhaps settings that i can adjust on my router to help the arlo base connect quicker?

VTran
Initiate
Initiate

Following

GOAT2
Initiate
Initiate

I've been having the same issue with mine. Almost a year old and it has been working fine up until a month or so ago. I'm almost ready to turn it off and purchase something else that would be more reliable. I wish there was a fix for this. Maybe their way to get us to upgrade to arlo3.

SavageSerg
Aspirant
Aspirant
You know if there was ever a smart and honest company it would be best for them to just be up front about that. In all honesty i love the system and defend it when others talk mess about it ,the cost and blah blah. But with that being said without there honesty regarding the need or want for there customers to upgrade it cant happen, what I mean is i want to upgrade! But with how its been now for months i havent moved forward to make that expensive investment on something i already assume will give me problems or crappy service due to what im already experiencing as of now. So in reality there BS tactic doesnt give a customer the want or comfort to upgrading and in most cases im sure people take a different option especially knowing that theres 100s of options out there now.
N_J
Aspirant
Aspirant
I noticed the same issue after Arlo support told me to reset system due to HomeKit not working issue.

I then rebooted my router which helped kinda. I’m on IOS 14 so it’s still slow for me but my wife is on IOS 13 which seems to be ok now. Not sure if it’s IOS version issue at this point for me. Might be worth trying a network reboot.
ScottMc1
Guide
Guide
And now Arlo is blocking me from starting a new discussion about the monthly app updates that continue to get slower and now crash the cameras. All while I have the best XFINITY WiFi.
ScottMc1
Guide
Guide
It’s their monthly updates. They are designed to purposely slow down our cameras and push us to upgrade to the latest greatest system. The BBB is hearing about this as I type.
ScottMc1
Guide
Guide
It took Arlo nearly 3 months to honor their warranty on my failed base system. Now I’m on their “bad customer” list and are blocking me from starting a new discussion over their software updates that purposely slow down and shut off the cameras. Nice people aren’t they?
Discussion stats