Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro 2 Push To Talk is not working properly

Discussion stats
  • 23 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 11 In Conversation
JoeTO
Initiate
Initiate

I have latest firmware and software. I have read numerous issues with Arlo 2 Way Audio going back to 2018. Why is this an ongoing problem? In my case, like most of the others... When live, you have perfect audio response, you can hear the camera area. When you depressing the mic 🎤 no problem. Person at camera hears no problem. Here is the problem... Once you release the mic button, you can no longer hear the audio at the camera. That sucks. It is obvious this is an ongoing problem with Arlo. What are plans to finally to fix this ongoing issue and when is the expected fix date?

23 REPLIES 23
moaw
Tutor
Tutor
Hi,
I have 4 arlo pro 2 camera system . Push to talk doesn’t work on any of the 4 cameras ,it used to work when I first bought system early 2017 and stopped working after 2 months .
I tried all the solutions suggested in Arlo community with no luck , including resetting all cameras and base station/ delete app and reinstall.

I called support in January 2019 and they told me it is a known issue and they are working on a fix (two years working in a fix!!!) .

only reason I bought arlo pro 2 is 2 way audio and I wish I didn’t make that decision to buy such a bad cameras
Dannybear
Master
Master
What are the specific reason for it not working. No audio to camera, no audio from camera?
App not working etc.
It’s working for me but not brilliant.
moaw
Tutor
Tutor
No audio to camera , person I’m watching on camera can’t hear me.

I’m sure that I was pressing and holding mic on my phone but that didn’t work , I tried iOS/ Android / my windows laptop , none of them worked .
Dannybear
Master
Master
I have read that android phones have issues with low audio to the cameras. Some users have had to use headsets on their PCs.
I use iOS iPhone 5s and you have to wait for the microphone button to go black before the audio is passed through to the camera. Very delayed and choppy but clear after a while.
moaw
Tutor
Tutor
I managed to get 3 out 4 cameras working , the fourth camera seems defective . I reset router / arlo base station to manufacture settings, removed and added back arlo cameras to my account ,nothing seems can fix 4th camera , spent 2 hours on phone call with arlo support team .
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @JoeTO

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I would suggest contacting them and creating a case. I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

Leizl
Aspirant
Aspirant
Exactly the same problem on my and my wife’s phones. We have iPhone 6s - iOS 13.1.3.
Any suggestions from anyone or Arlo?
I guess it’s a software compatibility issue with the new iOS...
JoeTO
Initiate
Initiate
I’m on iOS 12.x so that’s cant be the problem. Let’s be real. I’m sure Arlo knows the problem and keeps talking around it better never fixes it. NOT IMPRESSED.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I would suggest to contact customer support & inform them of the issue you are experiencing. I have provided the link here for you. Arlo Tech Support

Leizl
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have contact Customer Support, they said to try to do that:
1. Tap or click Settings > My Devices and select the camera with audio issue.
2. Scroll to the bottom of the page and tap or click Remove Device.
3. Take out the battery from your camera.
4. Wait 5 seconds.
5. Put the battery again to camera.
6. Tap or click Devices (In the Arlo app)
7. Add the new device
8. Choose Arlo Pro 2 camera and follow steps in your Arlo app.
(...)
9. Please, try if the audio on your camera is working.

I’ve tried that, but it doesn’t work.
I have that problem with all my cameras, not only one.

I have replied what customer service suggested, but I haven't get an answer yet.

A new Arlo app was released yesterday (2.10): same problem even with the new software...

Has anyone any idea how to fix that issue?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Leizl

Which cameras are you experiencing this issue with?

Does this occur when using the web browser as well?

Leizl
Aspirant
Aspirant
Cameras are Arlo pro 2, totally 3 cameras. My wife has the same problem with her phone as well.
We have iPhone 6s (iOS 13.1.3)

I haven’t tried with the web browser yet, I will do that tomorrow, but we usually use only the app on phone
Leizl
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi,

Just to inform you that my two way audio is working now, after I update iOS to the 13.2 version.

I hope this solve the problem to all of you with the same issue.

Ciao!
BRR9
Aspirant
Aspirant

Tried multiple times, but push to talk does not work and I don't hear any of my short sentences from camera. On my mobile arlo app has access to my microphone and I am using Samsung Note 8 ( Android ). arlo app and firmware is upto date.

jbandes
Guide
Guide

Mine used to work fine when I bought them too. Yesterday I upgraded my Front door camera to an Arlo 3 and I tested it with my Android Note 10+ and it worked. I decided to test my other 5 Arlo Pro 2 Cameras but they did not work from my Android Phone. You press and hold the button to speak and you either hear nothing from the camera or something so low that you cant really hear it.

I went to my computer and opened up a Chrome Browser and logged in to My Arlo account and everything works from the computer browser so the problem is Android and the mobile app. 

I also noticed that I could not hear Audio today on the Arlo 3. Tonight I am going to reset everything to factory default to see if that fixes anything but it is very annoying that Push to Talk is so hit and miss. It used to work when I first bought the kit so not sure why they cant fix it.

Quelepa
Initiate
Initiate
I have an Iphone 7 and have the same exact issue. I just bought the cameras this past weekend.
(((When live, you have perfect audio response, you can hear the camera area. When you depressing the mic 🎤 no problem. Person at camera hears no problem. Here is the problem... Once you release the mic button, you can no longer hear the audio at the camera.)))

Arlo, a response will be appreciated.

Thanks
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Quelepa

Have you tried contacting customer support with this issue? Do you have a case number?

Quelepa
Initiate
Initiate
Will do.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Quelepa

Here is the link to the support team. Hopefully it's one less step for you Arlo Tech Support

gman4
Aspirant
Aspirant

I recently purchased the Arlo Pro 2 Camera System and having problems with the two way audio feature.

No audio to camera , person I’m watching on camera can’t hear me but I can hear them.

Although I was pressing and holding the mic on my phone but still could not get it to work.  I have a Samsung S9 phone (android).

I have also senn otehr posts on this and did try the suggested troubleshooting steps but to no avail.

Has there been a fix for this for the android phone and if so can someone please share the details.

Like so many of the other customers, I too am frustrated with a feature that I cannot use.

gman4
Aspirant
Aspirant

no case number....I did notice one thing that was quite interesting and that my model number was not listed in the drop down menu above.

The model number is VCS3000C....

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@gman4 wrote:

I did notice one thing that was quite interesting and that my model number was not listed in the drop down menu above.

The model number is VCS3000C....

They don't include all the SKUs.  The VCS3000C has 3 Pro2 cameras and a VMB3500 base.

rstice
Aspirant
Aspirant

We are having the same problem and wouldn't have purchased it if we had known it didn't work (audio both ways) at the same time.

Discussion stats
  • 23 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 11 In Conversation