Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro 2 Notification Scheduling per Camera...

Discussion stats
  • 18 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Daveykid
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 4 Pro 2 cameras on one base and would like to receive push notifications for each camera based on the same specific schedule.  Let's assume that schedule is push notifications from 8:00 pm to 12:00 am and again from 2:00 am until 6:00 am each and every day.  That's when I want to receive push notifications for those 4 cameras.  The problem I'm encountering is that the cameras actually stop recording any other notifications/movements (people, cars, animals, packages, etc...) in between those two scheduled times above.  I get zero recordings of anything from 12:00 am to 2:00 am and again nothing from 6:00 am until 8:00 pm.

What am I doing wrong?  Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Daveykid
Aspirant
Aspirant

FINALLY!!!!  Thank you, thank you, thank you.  I simply couldn't find how to "insert" the custom program sandwiched between the two armed programs but now I have.  I'm really not an electronics or programming neophyte but for some reason this one was throwing me.  It shouldn't have to be this difficult.  I can't even imagine someone like my parents trying to do this.

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Daveykid wrote:

I have 4 Pro 2 cameras on one base and would like to receive push notifications for each camera based on the same specific schedule.  Let's assume that schedule is push notifications from 8:00 pm to 12:00 am and again from 2:00 am until 6:00 am each and every day.  That's when I want to receive push notifications for those 4 cameras.  

What am I doing wrong?  Thanks!

You need to create a custom mode first.  That mode would have a rule for each camera that detects motion and records, but does not send a notification.

Once you have that mode working, you schedule that mode between 12 am and 2 am, and from 6am to 8 pm - scheduling "Armed" for the other two time windows.

Daveykid
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you!  I'll give it a shot.  Just not well versed enough on all of it but I guess this is how you learn!

Daveykid
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ugghhh, still didn't do it right.  So am I on the right track that you have to set two rules for each camera based on when you want to receive notifications within a certain timeframe and when you don't want to receive notifications within a certain timeframe?  Assuming I have 4 cameras on one base, I would need to set 8 rules within one custom mode?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Daveykid wrote:

Assuming I have 4 cameras on one base, I would need to set 8 rules within one custom mode?

No.  The custom mode would have only one rule per camera.

The rules in the "armed" mode look like this:

rule example.png

You want to recreate these rules in the Custom mode. but make sure the circled push notification is NOT set.

Then you schedule the Armed mode when you want notifications, and the Custom mode when you don't.  (You always schedule modes, and not cameras).

Daveykid
Aspirant
Aspirant

So basically I need to toggle between the two modes.  I knew that but I was trying to figure out how to create one custom mode that does all that without having to toggle back and forth.  I know, it might only be once or twice a day so it's not terribly inconvenient but it would be even more convenient if I never had to worry about it again.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Daveykid wrote:

So basically I need to toggle between the two modes.

No, the schedule can be set up to do that automatically.

Despite the KB article title, you schedule modes, not cameras.

Daveykid
Aspirant
Aspirant

I did all of that exactly as described yet I kept getting notifications between the two armed times.  My armed times are 12:01 am to 8:00 am and 7:00 pm to 11:59 pm.  So I shouldn't be getting notifications between 8:00 am to 7:00 pm but I am.  I'll have to go through it all again.Screen Shot 2022-10-05 at 9.19.14 AM.png

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Daveykid wrote:

I did all of that exactly as described yet I kept getting notifications between the two armed times.  My armed times are 12:01 am to 8:00 am and 7:00 pm to 11:59 pm.  So I shouldn't be getting notifications between 8:00 am to 7:00 pm but I am.  I'll have to go through it all again.

You only scheduled Armed.  Not the custom mode.  This schedule turns off both recording and notifications  between 8 am and 7 pm.

Did you remember to set the mode to "Schedule" after you created the schedule?

Daveykid
Aspirant
Aspirant

I first chose my Custom mode and then I went to schedule to put the times in.  I added the times of midnight to 7:00 am being armed, which I assume means it will send me notifications for that camera for those hours and one more time from 8:00 pm to midnight being armed again.  So for the period of 7:00 am to 8:00 pm I do not want to see notifications on that camera, but of course still want it to record video.  

Daveykid
Aspirant
Aspirant

Here are my settings.  I'm using Backyard 1 as the example but I do have other cameras as well.1.png2.png3.png4.png

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Daveykid wrote:

I first chose my Custom mode and then I went to schedule to put the times in.  I added the times of midnight to 7:00 am being armed, which I assume means it will send me notifications for that camera for those hours and one more time from 8:00 pm to midnight being armed again.  So for the period of 7:00 am to 8:00 pm I do not want to see notifications on that camera, but of course still want it to record video.  

Your earlier schedule screen shot is blank between 7 am to 8 pm.  That means the cameras will be disarmed during those times.  If you want to schedule your custom mode during those hours then you will need to edit the schedule and fix that.

Also, to use the schedule,  you will need to choose "schedule" as the mode.

Dannybear
Master
Master

The screenshots posted will not be visible to everyone until they are vetted by a forum moderator.

I can offer the following configuration I use to assist you to achieve your requirements since it works well for me.

• Setup the camera rules in the “Armed” mode to give you the requirements for when the home is unoccupied. I have outside cameras recording and push notifications enabled. Indoor cameras are same but trigger the base station siren.
  • Create a custom mode for each period of the day. I have daytime, nighttime and midnight. I add camera rules for each camera and set them to record and or notification as required.
  • Daytime mode has front camera recording and notify, back camera has recording only, indoor cameras are audio trigger only.
  • Nighttime mode has similar rules but  back camera is set to notify. I also have motion trigger enabled for a indoor camera that is in the rumpus area.
  • For midnight I have same rules for nighttime but trigger the siren for motion in the rumpus area.

Be aware that any camera rules that trigger a siren and are in earshot will cause the siren to re-trigger so the audio trigger needs to be disabled in that rule.

Once you are happy that the custom modes work for the time of day then add them to your schedule mode.

• I have daytime set between 0500 and 1859.
  •  Nighttime is set for 1900 to 1159.
  • Midnight is set 0000 to 0459.

You can set the midnight mode earlier but it needs to end at 1159 and start it again at 0000 since you cannot crossover midnight in a mode. Make sure you have all days enabled in the schedule unless you have a week day specific requirement.

Then select the schedule mode to start with and change to armed mode when your property is unattended.

If you’re lucky to have geofencing working on the mobile app you can set geofencing away mode to armed and geofencing home mode to schedule.

Daveykid
Aspirant
Aspirant

Wow, now I'm really lost.  I'll try and oversimplify this for my feeble brain.  Let's work with one outdoor camera.  No reference to an indoor camera, a siren, geofencing...none of that.  One outdoor camera, period.  Now, I'd like for this one outdoor camera to record video all the time for every motion it picks up 24/7, but only send me notifications from 8 pm to 11:59 pm 7 days a week.  That's as simple as it gets.  Now, how do I program that functionality?  (I think I need a bourbon and maybe this will all make sense!)

Dannybear
Master
Master

The example looks daunting but you will end up with something very similar.

If you have one camera as an example the arlo app populates a camera rule within the armed mode by default when the camera is added from new.

Go into the mode page, select the base station to show the mode list and edit the armed mode to show a list. (you should have four camera rules one for each camera.)

Edit the wanted camera rule to show the rule configuration. You usually have notifications enabled.

The idea is that if you want the schedule mode to change between having notifications or not depending on the time of day you have to have a custom mode with a camera rule that does not have notifications enabled.

Daveykid
Aspirant
Aspirant

What are the four camera rules you mention called?  "(you should have four camera rules one for each camera.)"

Dannybear
Master
Master

When you add a camera to your account the armed mode gets a pre-populated rule added for that camera, that records and notifies you. It is identified by the camera  name given at install.

E.g. My armed mode has four rules since I have four cameras installed.

• Motion or audio on Front.
  • Motion on Upstairs.
  • Motion on Downstairs 
  • Motion or audio on Back.

The up/down stairs  camera rules have edited with the audio trigger disabled since they activate the Base siren.

The “Armed” mode is editable just like the custom modes except for the mode name which is fixed.

“Disabled” mode is not editable at all.

“Schedule” and “Geofencing” Modes are functional modes that automatically change what mode you choose to be active.

If you have a camera rule missing from the armed mode, it means you had previously  deleted that camera rule so because of it’s absence, that camera will be disabled from triggering while that mode has been set as active on the base station or by the functional mode explained above.

So you should have four camera rules, one per each camera in the armed mode list, each recording and notifying you of either motion or audio and triggering the base station siren if desired.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Daveykid wrote:

Wow, now I'm really lost.  

You got the mode correct already - which is the hardest bit.  You just didn't schedule it in your earlier screenshot.  The schedule needs to look like this:

schedule.png

So not blank during the day.

And you also need to activate the schedule.

activate schedule.png

Daveykid
Aspirant
Aspirant

FINALLY!!!!  Thank you, thank you, thank you.  I simply couldn't find how to "insert" the custom program sandwiched between the two armed programs but now I have.  I'm really not an electronics or programming neophyte but for some reason this one was throwing me.  It shouldn't have to be this difficult.  I can't even imagine someone like my parents trying to do this.

Discussion stats
  • 18 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation