Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
BillRin
Tutor
Tutor
I've had my six camera system up and running for past six months with no problems. Suddenly, when I log on from my Ipad it takes extremely long to log on, and the library photo icons take about two minutes to appear. I've never had a problem with login or library from my Edge PC, my iPhone 6 or my Ipad.. It doesn't matter if I try from wifi or my data plan, same result.. PC and iPhone still work fine, just the ipad, which I have not changed, or added anything to; it just seemed to change overnight. I have rebooted everything, wifi, Ipad, camerabase. I deleted the app and re installed. I've deleted my past library and still, iPhone and PC work fine, Ipad still struggles and sometimes crashes as it attempts to load library.. Any help is greatly appreciated.
9 REPLIES 9
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

Yes.  V2.7.0 of the Arlo app, trashed the iOS app for iPad.  It is excruciatingly slow to startup...sometimes over a minute.  It crashes repeatedly.  The library images take an extremely long time to load.  A subscription suggestion repeatly pops up in your face on the library tab even if you already have a subscription.  Some thumbnails on the Devices page never load even after the excruciating wait.  The record and snapshot icons do not appear in live view anymore.  

BillRin
Tutor
Tutor

I see that now. Thanks for the heads up. Hey Arlo support, are you working to correct this?

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @BillRin and @AncientGeek,

Just to make sure, what iPad do you have? And are you updated to the latest iOS version and Arlo app version?

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero
Mine is the 11” iPad Pro tuning iOS 12.1.1 and Arlo app V2.7.0 (sadly). My wife’s iPad is an Air 2. Same software. Our iPhones are also sluggish, but I think iPads are worse. Phones are iPhone X and XS.
BillRin
Tutor
Tutor

I have an IPad Air 2 (2nd generation)  iOS ver 12.1.1, which has worked extremely well for last six months.  Camera base version v 2.70  released Jan 7th seems to be the culprit. 

Therna
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have same problem with Iphone6. (have latest ios). Slow respons, long time to start, and the app crashes all the time.
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

It is really odd.  I’d be happy to make a movie of the problems for development to view.  It would be easy on my iPad.

start the app, thumbnails paint, can scroll briefly, but then it locks up for 40-60 seconds.  Control returns, but thumbnails not displayed prior to the lockup are now gray with no image.  Click on Library and get stopped by an advertisement for a plan to which I already subscribe.  Clear the add and the library thumbnails never paint.  They are rectangles with spinning wheels inside.  Click on the spinning wheel and the recording pops up as a solid gray image.  Click in the middle and it starts to play the recording as you would expect,..then the app crashes.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Is this happening when on both portrait and landscape mode? Try to reinstall the app and see if that resolves the issue.

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@JessicaP wrote:

Is this happening when on both portrait and landscape mode? Try to reinstall the app and see if that resolves the issue.

Same problem in both orientations.  I blew away the app, power cycled my iPad and then reloaded the app before I started posting about it.  I was hoping I could point out both the problem and the solution, but ... no change in behavior after that process.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation