Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Nash2
Aspirant
Aspirant

Using the camera positioning feature I zoom in on the area I wish to monitor and detect movement in but I can't save this zoom.  What do I do?  Even with motion detection sensitivity set to the lowest setting I am getting nuisance alerts.

3 REPLIES 3
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@Nash2 wrote:

Using the camera positioning feature I zoom in on the area I wish to monitor and detect movement in but I can't save this zoom.  What do I do?  Even with motion detection sensitivity set to the lowest setting I am getting nuisance alerts.

I think you need activity zones or to adjust sensitivity to solve your problem.

Nash2
Aspirant
Aspirant

i have tried to use activity zones, motion detection sensitivity and zoom but all 3 are ignored and the camera picks up all motion in its field of view.  Very frustrating considering the camera seems to have the built in smarts to do what I want!!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Positioning zoom isn't save-able. Use Pan and Zoom to do that. However, the PIR sensor picks up the whole FOV and can't be changed - the video itself is just being cropped. That's where the zones come in with Smart - the camera records and ships off the video for post=processing by the servers. That's where the determination for notification is made, depending on how you have the camera Smart settings configured for People, Vehicle, Animal and Other Motion.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation