Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro 2: Browser Fails To Connect To Camera Live-feed With "Connection Failed" Error.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
GimmeCoffee
Apprentice
Apprentice

Something must have happened on the Arlo end because all of a sudden today:

• None of my Arlo Pro 2 cameras can be viewed live from a PC Browser. 
  • I've used (3) different browsers (Firefox 62.0.3, Chrome 69.0.3497.100, and IE 11.0.9600.19080). 
  • I've used (2) different PCs (one with Windows 7 and the other with Windows 10).
  • Both PCs exhibit the same issue with the "Connection failed:" error when I click the "Live" play button in the Arlo App from a Browser.
  • If I access the cameras via the Arlo app on my cell phone all cameras will play the Live view.

I have also checked the security settings in all (3) Browsers, have Adobe Flash enabled (latest version) and have no blockers enabled for the Arlo website.  With (3) different browsers across (2) different PCs no longer working, I'm feeling that there must be an Arlo issue with providing live-feed that just started today for some reason.  Everything has worked with these Browsers in past few months with exception of today when they all cease to play the live view.

I have even rebooted the Arlo Controller (base station) and that didn't affect the problem.  Hope this gets sorted soon since I primarily use my PCs to view the camera's feeds.

10 REPLIES 10
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

GimmeCoffee,

Is your live feed functioning through the Arlo App?  What are the status LEDs displaying on your base station?

GimmeCoffee
Apprentice
Apprentice

Shane,

As I shared in the last bullet of my report (above), the cameras are all accessible in Live-view only when using the Arlo Cell Phone app.  The status LEDs on my base-station are all normal (all green). 

This is solely an issue when trying to access Live-view within a Browser (across 3 different browsers, 2 different PCs and 2-different Windows OSs 7&10).  Everything has been working perfectly since I installed the Arlo solution back in July and I have been accessing Live-view daily on my PC for months without issue. 

Then, last week browser access stopped function as I reported above.  I researched many posts here to see what others have tried when this happened in the past, but none of the suggested things had any impact to my situation.  So, I abandoned trying to access Live-view from my PCs.  Having not had any response until your reply yesterday, I quit thinking about it, but always felt that this was something on Arlo's end of the equation.  I tried Live-view again today, having done nothing since I reported it last week and it is working again via my Browser and PC.  So, my suspicion may be correct that something got changed, updated or either reset on Arlo's end (even though Arlo's web-status site indicated no issues).

It should be noted that (in my research) I found many browsers (due to security concerns) are moving away from supporting Adobe Flash to play things like the Live-view that Arlo uses within a PC-based browser.  I'm hoping that Arlo is paying attention to that oft-reported situation so that customers who use PC-based browsers for Live-view are not forced to solely using their cell-phones for the Arlo app.  This is a coming situation from companies that develop PC-based browser software and I hope that Netgear is working on it before it ceases to work for Arlo customers.

Baldness
Apprentice
Apprentice

Same issue for me.. only on one Pro 2 camera.  Been like this for almost 12 months.

Re Flash.. they appear to be ingnoting issues wit hFlash and like this .. hoping it will go away. 

for me .. the camera this affects is the one camera i use the most to see who is at my front door...when i am working on a damn PC in my office.   I dont want to pick up[ a damn smart phone and try and work out who is at my door on a tiny screen when I have 27 inch monitor 18 inches from my face.  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you swapped cameras around to see if the problem stays with the camera or location?

Baldness
Apprentice
Apprentice

It isnt the camera or the location because it works on a smartphone app but only intermittently on a browser.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are both the phone and computer on the same network when one works but not so much with the other? What computer OS and browser? Are both up to date? What do you see? What have you tried?

Baldness
Apprentice
Apprentice

The phone can be on same or different network (eg mobile/cell network) and problem occurs.   I have tried several different browsers incl Edge, Firefox, Chrome  all uptodate.     It is a home setting , small house.  have moved the Arlo base station but as I also have CVR on that camera which shows camera is connected at the times I cant connect via a web browser. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'm not sure this is your problem but what is your upload speed? If it's small (1Mbps or so) that may be a clue. You could possibly use the quality of service (QoS) setting in your router to reserve maybe 200Kbps of upload bandwidth and see if that improves the situation. Since you are using CVR, the constant streaming may be swamping the upload speed.

Baldness
Apprentice
Apprentice

Upload is 20Mbps Download 300 to 120

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Sorry - got nothing for ya.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation