Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 power cables and plugs

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Dean66
Aspirant
Aspirant

Not long had the pack of 3 arlo pro 2 and the battery is nearing charge time. Busy house so they lasted approx 1 month from an 80% charge (approx 15% left)

I'm trying to run the power cables to all three as they are reasonably close together, but is there a way to use 1 mains plug or do I need to use 3 (one plug for each camera)?

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You really need 3 unless you have access to a totally different power supply that can support the extra current.

Dean66
Aspirant
Aspirant
Do you know If I buy 1 socket that has 3 USB HOLES would that be Ok, then run 3 cables one to each camera. if so can it be any socket like a phone charger or does it need to be a specific one.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

As long as each socket can provide 1.5-2 amps @5V, you should be fine. The catch is that many multiple outlet devices only have a total current rating, not an individual one. Maybe if it can provide 5 amps or so in total it would be ok.

Dean66
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thx for this, I’ll pop into a shop and ask but just had a quick google
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Worldwide-Adapter-GOSCIEN-Charger-Universal/dp/B077JN8S7K?ref_=fsclp_pl_dp_...
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That shows the potential issue - two at 2.1A and two at 1A. It's possible that the cameras might work on 1A but it would be better to find one that supports 2A on all ports. There's no technical reason that I know of that would make this impossible - it's just a power supply and how they divvy it up is just a design decision.

Dean66
Aspirant
Aspirant
Kudos
You’ve been a great help. May pop into shop tomorrow and see what I can find. Will keep ya posted and thx very much for your time.
Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation