Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro 2 App update

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Jintek
Guide
Guide
Now that Arlo Ultra and Pro 3 systems have been released does this mean Arlo is abandoning the Arlo Pro 2 app? Do you think we will ever be able to view local USB storage recordings directly from the app?

I think I read somewhere that they promised this feature on Pro 3 but what about the Pro 2 users?
5 REPLIES 5
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Jintek wrote:
Now that Arlo Ultra and Pro 3 systems have been released does this mean Arlo is abandoning the Arlo Pro 2 app? Do you think we will ever be able to view local USB storage recordings directly from the app?

There is no separate app for different cameras. You don't say which you use, Android or iThing, but both will manage Pro 2, Pro 3 and Ultra systems.

@Jintek wrote:
Do you think we will ever be able to view local USB storage recordings directly from the app?

That facility was offered following the backlash when people realised that the Ultra system does not come with the seven-day on-line storage account. Whether or not this will work with Pro 2 cameras won't be clear until Arlo releases this feature. However, I have seen no suggestion that Pro 2 users will lose their seven-day archive.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Jintek
Guide
Guide
So the app is the same then all updates should be the same unless it’s an update that requires a paid subscription.
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

The app doesn't change at all.

Anything that depends on a subscription happens at the server end.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Jintek
Guide
Guide
My question is how likely will it be that the Arlo Pro 2 system owners will actually be able to view local USB storage recordings directly from the Arlo app for free without needing a paid subscription. My base station is connected to my router so it doesn’t seem like a BIG ASK to be able to view local recordings. Particularly when this system is really high priced compared to others.
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

This is all we know do far:

Local and Remote Access to Local Storage for Arlo Ultra via Arlo App Expected in Second Half of 2019

@Jintek wrote:
My question is how likely will it be that the Arlo Pro 2 system owners will actually be able to view local USB storage recordings directly from the Arlo app for free without needing a paid subscription.

Until we see this feature "in the wild" any answers will be speculation.

Note that the Arlo KnowledgeBase article says:

This article applies to:
VMC5040

So this feature may depend on having the right base station/hub rather than the cameras you own.

Just another user
Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation