Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Powering outdoor camera for CVR

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
axwack
Follower
Follower

I want to get the CVR option but found out that I need to have a power adapter. Can a solar panel work to do this?

If you have an outdoor camera, whats the best way, besides running a long cable? Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

@axwack wrote:

I want to get the CVR option but found out that I need to have a power adapter. Can a solar panel work to do this?

If you have an outdoor camera, whats the best way, besides running a long cable? Any ideas?

No... the solar panel will only charge the battery pack ( doesn't supply enough power for the extra options )

Waiting for a new outdoor plug to be released....

If you do decide to run the indoor cables outside, be careful of warranty... the cords do not have waterproof seals at the usb port like the out door version

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

@axwack wrote:

No... the solar panel will only charge the battery pack ( doesn't supply enough power for the extra options )

Waiting for a new outdoor plug to be released....

If you do decide to run the indoor cables outside, be careful of warranty... the cords do not have waterproof seals at the usb port like the out door version

Morse is faster than texting!
Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation