Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
kgmitton
Guide
Guide

I now get a pop up ad each time I log in or switch to my devices page.  Add is selling 30 days cloud recording, etc.  I did not get this at all until I set up a friend's new arlo system using my computer (not sure if the 2 things are related or not).  I'm running the app on my MacOS desktop.  

There is no option to forever stop showing -- only options are Try later, Do a free month, or enter Arlo smart code.

Help!!! This is REALLY annoying. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

We appreciate everyone's patience about this. A fix has been released that resolves this issue. This fix is automatically applied and does not require any interaction.

If you're still experiencing the issue, please let us know.

View solution in original post

28 REPLIES 28
alchemist50
Apprentice
Apprentice

I started seeing the same thing yesterday on the desktop web portal, but not on the Android app.  They obviously redesigned the web portal, it looks somewhat different than before.  Yes, very annoying!  Every time I access a different camera the popup appears.  Please Arlo, disable this!

valglad
Guide
Guide

The free trial pop up started today. Please remove it. Every time I switch between Library and Devices -- this pops up on top of my cameras views.  

It has no option of being disabled

I access my account via PC

cl998
Initiate
Initiate

Stupid stuff like this pop-up concerns me about the future of the Arlo platform.  Obviously they are making changes without using common sense or soliciting feedback from real users of the product.  

Nanlee
Luminary
Luminary

Why is there an ad for a free trial every time I log on?0227211821.jpgThis is very annoying, also thinking of dumping ARLO because the two set verification is a pain in the neck !!!!! Please take the ad OFF of my log in.

JohnGoogelaar
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an original Arlo camera plus the first Pro version.  I use my Chrome browser in Windows 10 to access the Arlo site to check my alerts.  I noticed a new Arlo logo at sign in this week and now I also get an ad to subscribe to an upgraded service whenever I sign in.  I have to click past the "maybe later" button every time I log in.

I don't want the upgraded service and my cameras don't even support all the new features.

I don't mind being the service being offered to me from time to time, but at every sign on is TOO MUCH.  This is driving me crazy.  How can I prevent the ad from popping up EVERY TIME?

Rainat
Star
Star

Is their a fix for these Pop Ups? Only option is to click "Maybe Later" and every time I open arlo.com through Chrome it pop ups....blocks my camera view. Even if i go to library then go back to devices it's pops up again!!arlo pop up.PNG

HazelsNuts
Guide
Guide

Add me to the list of people who are annoyed by this persistent browser popup (Shown below). At the very least there should be a "NO THANKS, DON'T SHOW THIS AGAIN" option.

2021-03-01 Annoying Popup.png

PeytonClara
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the original Arlo cameras and use my Chrome browser with Windows 10 to access Arlo alerts. Recently I noticed a new Arlo logo when I signed in. Since then, I have to click "maybe later" to click through an ad for an upgraded Arlo subscription every time I sign in.

My older cameras don't even support a lot of the features they have with the upgraded subscription and I don't want to start paying a monthly fee now!

I don't mind seeing an ad once in a while, but to get it every time is driving me crazy! I tried Ad-block but it doesn't work well with this pop-up. There is no solution on the Arlo support site that I can see. Just a few complaints.

Has anyone been able to stop/suppress this sign-in ad?

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Nanlee wrote:

....also thinking of dumping ARLO because the two set verification is a pain in the neck !!!!!

Just turn that off.

It may be some time before the images land. To ensure that you aren't posting anything naughty, an Arlo moderator has to approve the pictures.

You can attach images to messages without any delay.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

To everyone who is seeing this pop-up show up, try using a different browser and clear the pop-up and see if that returns. Also clear your cache and cookies on your browser to see if that helps as well.

UPDATE: The development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

mrogers0430
Aspirant
Aspirant

For the last week I've been getting a pop up asking if I wanted a 1 week trial of Smart. I don't want but the pop up continues to come, even after I click on the "Maybe later" link, the pop up returns immediately and every single time I move from one camera to another in the browser. This needs to be turned off, or at least correct it to honor my using the "Maybe later" link - it's extremely annoying and makes using a browser for Arlo a very unpleasant experience.

rupert2005
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes I agree ,How do you get rid of this ad ?

kgmitton
Guide
Guide

using a different browser and clearing history, cache, etc doesn't resolve issue.  (I've tried Chrome and Safari on a Mac)

kgmitton
Guide
Guide

different browser and clearing cache, cookies, history, etc doesn't resolve the problem

kgmitton
Guide
Guide

doesn't help.... 2 different browsers, cleared history, cache, cookies

HazelsNuts
Guide
Guide

I have cleared the cache and cookies, restarted the browser after doing so and then switched browsers completely but the problem remains. I have tried on both Microsoft Edge (which comes standard with Windows 10) and Opera.

Add this to the constant need to input a 2FA code EVERY time I use my PC browser for checking Arlo activity (because there's no way to add my PC as a trusted device) and I totally regret buying Arlo cameras. 

dcfox1
Master
Master

@HazelsNuts wrote:

I have cleared the cache and cookies, restarted the browser after doing so and then switched browsers completely but the problem remains. I have tried on both Microsoft Edge (which comes standard with Windows 10) and Opera.

Add this to the constant need to input a 2FA code EVERY time I use my PC browser for checking Arlo activity (because there's no way to add my PC as a trusted device) and I totally regret buying Arlo cameras. 

Just turn off 2FA. 

kgmitton
Guide
Guide

what is surprising is that I have not had to put in a code each time i use the desktop.  I did turn off the authentication and recall they said we had to use it but it hasn't been enforced for me (Mac desktop app)

dcfox1
Master
Master

Yea I turned it off but had it set up before I did it. 

kgmitton
Guide
Guide

me too.  perhaps the difference is the platform.  Fortunately I do NOT have to reauthenticate each time --- I would be annoyed with that as well.

BTSeverin
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Arlo 2 has a different app or something has changed. There is a permanent ad that's wants you to try a free trial subscription and then you pay in for Arlo. You do not have the option to delete the ad. You can choose "ask me later" and it will then close. I've also been offline all the time when I try to access my cameras. 

HazelsNuts
Guide
Guide

Turning off 2FA is something I considered but we were told by Arlo a few months ago that it would be mandatory after 2020. It would be nice to have someone from Arlo come out and say this isn't necessary and that turning off 2FA won't cause problems. 

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

New app in Feb...

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Smart/Arlo-Mobile-App-3-0-New-Look-New-Features/td-p/1811188

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Rainat
Star
Star

Today was the first time in a week NO Pop Up!

When enough people speak up, they have no choice but to listen!

Thank you for getting rid of that annoying Pop up! 

Discussion stats