Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
deanpickles
Aspirant
Aspirant

I went to Best Buy to pick up the Arlo Pro 2 set, and a Best Buy employee glommed on to me. Without me asking him a thing, he starting telling me that the Arlos had a 50% return rate, and the battery life was only 3-4 days. He continued that the Arlo Pro 2 was even worse than the other models, the worst of the bunch. 

Less about Arlo Pro 2, and more about Best Buy.  Frankly, loving my Arlos so far!  At three weeks now and still have 76% battery life.

6 REPLIES 6
Arlo-Man
Luminary
Luminary

Don't blame the employee for trying to give you insight on the quality. 3-4 days battery life isn't accurate, but I believe him on the return rate.

MrTonyToca
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yes please believe him for most of what he was saying. I've already returned my already, and battery life isnt 3 days but less than a month most of the time vs the Arlo Pro 1 which was 5-6 months. So he has some valid points.

deanpickles
Aspirant
Aspirant

Gah -- forgot to finish the story. After complaining about the Arlos for so long, he tried to pitch me on the Best Buy brand of security cameras, which he'd receive a commission on. It felt truly sleazy.

jnallen
Guide
Guide

Definitely not professional on the sales associates part. 

Arlo-Man
Luminary
Luminary

BestBuy employees do not get commission.

Brotham
Apprentice
Apprentice

Good on that person.

I returned mine within 2 weeks as they weren't (and still aren't) fit for purpose.

I see the kit is discounted by $50 to $750 now.

Even if it was discounted to $50, I still wouldn't buy it.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation