Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Please bring the Arlo Pro 2 to Australia, it sounds awesome !!

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation
ElReg
Follower
Follower

Do you have a wishlist area ???  I would like to purchase the Arlo Pro 2 but no idea if it will ever arrive in Australia.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Arlo Pro 2 is now available in Australia, take a look here and click "Buy Now" for retailer options: Arlo Pro 2

JamesC

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ElReg,

Keep an eye on the Arlo website for updates and release information.

JamesC

JoshmParker
Initiate
Initiate

I think we are about due for some info thanks Netgear?
Have always been a fan of your products but why are we being left in the dark for so long on this product release?

You are leaving us no choice but to consider competitors options.

Cheers.

Downunda
Apprentice
Apprentice

I overcame that problem by buying from Amazon, its much cheaper than buying locally anyway. The only catch is that you will need to supply a 240v/12v power adapter. They are cheap enough but I had a number of unused power adapters so no problem for me.

The strange thing is that the power adapters supplied with the cameras are of the universal type.

Downunda
Apprentice
Apprentice

That was Amazon USA I omitted to say.

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

wrote:

The only catch is that you will need to supply a 240v/12v power adapter.

I commandeered an adapter from an old Netgear modem. It isn't even quite the right amperage, but it does the job.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
steve_t
Master Master
Master

If it's rated higher, you're fine. If it's rated lower, YMMV

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

Mine is lower rated.

240 volts delivering 1 amp rather than 120 volts delivering 1.5 amps.

So far no problems.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Doubling the voltage means the current is lower so your 240v adapter at 1A would equate to 120v at 2A.

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

I sort of had that in my head. But, while my physics degree may be post relativity, it is also pretty rusty. And to think that I used to work on megawatt, megavolt systems.

Unfortunately, the specifications don't seem to differentiate between the US and the rest of the world on the specs of the power supplies.

Just another user
Pattttto
Aspirant
Aspirant
Guys... heads up, I just bought the new Arlo Pro 2... 2 camera system at domayne on 14/2/18. Happy valentines me!!
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Arlo Pro 2 is now available in Australia, take a look here and click "Buy Now" for retailer options: Arlo Pro 2

JamesC

EReggio
Tutor
Tutor

Hi all this is ElReg.. I have had a problem answering you guys, because every time I went to "reply" I was getting the screen asking me to "create an account" instead asking me to "logon"... !!

At the end I did just that and created a new account so I can answer you.

Yes I have purchased the Arlo Pro 2, and and extra camera on the 8th February.

It is working fine.

Thank you all for your suggestions.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation