Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Playback delay where car shows in frame but doesn't show on video for Arlo Pro 2

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
sacornel
Apprentice
Apprentice

IMG_0344.jpegThere's a delay in playback on my Arlo Pro 2 camera that watches my street.  As you can see, there's a car in the frame.  When I watch the playback, the video jumps 2-3 seconds and there's no video of the car at all.  I'm using Arlo version 2.7.12 and I have the iPhone XS Max.  We had this same problem last year too. 

2 REPLIES 2
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey sacornel,

Is this happening for all videos or is it for that specific video? Try to optimize the motion detection on your Arlo Pro 2 camera to see if that helps: How do I optimize motion detection for my Arlo camera?

sacornel
Apprentice
Apprentice

This happens about 75 percent of the time.  I will get a thumbnail notification with a car centered in the frame, but when I go to play it back, the video jumps 2-3 seconds and the car is immediately out of frame.  I hope this makes sense.  I'll optimize the motion as you suggested and report back.  BTW, it's recorded flawlessly for the last year.  There are some threads discussing this problem from 2018. 

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation